Friday, 29 January 2016

80's does 50's Frock Friday

I bought this dress sometime last year at Salvos for $6. It was mid-calf length and I wasn't sure if I'd ever wear it, but I thought if I shortened it and created a belt with the off-cuts I might be more likely to wear it. It's a button front so it's handy for feeding. I quite like it now. Occasionally those dresses from the 80's hit the mark.







Outfit Details....

80's cotton dress - Op shopped
Wooden frame brooch - Made by me
NZ wooden hexagonal brooch - I feel Natty
Carved bangles - Op shopped
Handmade button ring - Made by me
Handmade bag - Gifted by Michelle of The Attic
Sandals - Op shopped
4 month old baby boy - Made him myself!


5 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous and seeing your lovely photo of you with your wonderful little chap smiling yet again has made me smile and warmed my heart this morning. You are both blossoming and I love seeing the photo's. dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what a simple hem change can do for a dress!
    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those 80s-does-50s dresses - and they are soooo much easier to find, not to mention cheaper, than original 50s frocks. Lovely colours too. And a beautiful smiley baby is the BEST accessory! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!