Friday, 11 December 2015

My first made by me skirt

I must admit I'm feeling a bit bored by my clothing options at the moment. Breastfeeding means that my frock options are fewer then usual, so I figured I could use some more skirts in my wardrobe. I rarely wear skirts normally, as I carry some rolls on my belly so I feel more comfortable in frocks. I also tend to feel 'dressed down' in skirts. I plucked up the courage to sew my very first skirt, without a pattern and all. I roughly copied another A-line skirt that fits me well, and cut out this vintage fabric from my stash and sewed it up. Of course it required some ric-rac as a finishing touch. I hope to make some more simple skirts when I have the time and energy, although I'm yet to attempt adding a zip. 






Outfit Details.....

Skirt made by me with vintage fabric
Button necklace - Market find
Sarah Coventry ring - A gift from a dear friend
Silver vintage bracelet and green 70's handbag - Op shopped
Enamel flower brooch - Etsy
Shoes, sunglasses, singlet and vest - Retail

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. Nobody rocks Rick rack like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah! Well done you its very well made and no one would know it was your first attempt. Can't wait to see you sew more :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!