Friday, 14 August 2015

You can read me like a book

Some months ago Sandra who runs the vintage store Mid Mod Oz passed some old fabric my way. There were 3 semi completed handmade frocks, although they were only 20% done (cut out & pinned), so they required sewing up & finishing off. This one is a lovely heavy cotton in a shift dress style. I left enough room while sewing so it would fit my expanding bump, & I added a ric-rac trim. 
Being cotton it should be wearable all year round. Thank you to Sandra for thinking of me when she came across this stash!


Matchy matchy makes me happy!


31 week baby Bean bump






Outfit Details....

Half made vintage dress - Gifted by Sandra of Mid Mod Oz & sewn by me
Enamel flower brooch - Gift from a dear friend
2 vintage bracelets - Op shopped
Vintage 60's beaded bag - Garage Sale
Orange shoes - Op shopped
Cardigan, ring, tights and sunglasses - Retail


The fabric stash from Sandra
and below the Elna in action


4 comments:

  1. 31 Weeks ! Turquoise and orange and ric-rac trim. Love your accessories. I have been reading your blog for a long time and wanted to tell you how much I enjoy seeing your many retro lovely outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a half made dress, how kind of Sandra to save that one for you. Your sewing is coming along so well.
    Love those sweet sandals. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matchy matchy is making me happy too!!! You are so adorable!!!!!!

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool to get some half way there vintage frocks....I have so many "half way" there sewing projects I wonder if in the future someone will inherit my half done projects!! You are stunning in teal and the Queen of ric rac!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!