Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Thrifted Finds...Snelling, Enamel and WGP

This old footstool was hiding away in the furniture section of Lifeline, and at $8 I figured it was worth buying as I had a sneaking suspicion that it was a Snelling. I was happy to find my hunch was right, it's a khaki webbing Douglas Snelling stool circa 1957 manufactured by functional Products Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia. I'm not sure what the stool is worth but it's safe to say it was a good buy at $8.


Another trinket box to add to my collection, I love the bold enamel detail on this one


A vintage dress I found at a store called Creative Treasures




I had no idea where I'd put it, but I couldn't leave this gorgeous old mirror behind at Salvos for $5


A large Scheurich West German Pottery vase for $3 from Salvos


Some enamel brooches to add to my collection from an Instagram seller



This boudoir chair was $3 at Salvos


This heavy wooden shelf was only a few dollars as well....great for squeezing in a few more treasures


A crochet cushion

5 comments:

  1. Wow - you certainly have an eye for a bargain! Loving that stool. Thank you for the info on the manufacturer. I have a chair which belonged to my parents now languishing in my husbands workshop to repair one day. Always knew it was something special, now I have some info. Would go well with your stool! How on earth did you manage to find such a classic mirror for $5 also?! cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some really great finds, Leisa! I particularly like the enamel brooches and the wooden shelving unit. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful finds, I really like the brooches, the cushions and that doily stool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to visit your home and just stare and stare at all your treasures! :o) Your baby will love his/her home!!!

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lively finds - especially the enamel brooches :) HUGE congrats on your pregnancy - what exciting news!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!