Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Vintage wallpaper makeover

I'm trying to stick to my thrifty ways when it comes to preparing for Little Bean's arrival. Seeing as we're only having one I don't want to spend much on baby furniture and all that jazz. Plus we rent so I can't make permanent decorating changes to the room. And we don't have a lot of space to spare. I spotted this solid change table/drawers set on a facebook sale page, and it also came with various baby toys, two of which were on my wish list....a Tupperware shape-o, and a Fisher and Price pull along telephone. Funny how I'm drawn to the older toys. Go figure.


The change table is a quality piece, very solid, but so boring and in need of some spicing up. So I attempted my very first wallpaper moment, by gluing some original vintage stuff on the drawer fronts, and finally adding some new drawer handles. The trickiest part was laying out the wallpaper so it lined up when the drawers were closed, and cutting neatly around the edges. I'm pretty pleased with the result. 
I do most things sitting or lying down, so I doubt I'll use a change table to change the baby, but the Captain has a touchy back so he would prefer to use one. At least this way it does double duty for storage as well, and the top can be turned around the other way when you just want it as a chest of drawers. Not bad for $30 spent.




10 comments:

  1. Excellent makeover! I love your choice of wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's absolutely stunning! What a gorgeous print and an ace transformation. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! It looks so lovely! I love buying some ffurniture bargains and doing some DIY! I actually just wrote a post showing how I decorated my bubs room! Fun,colourful, functional and on a small budget! Excited to see how you do the rest of the room as I love your style. fashionandfairybread.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did well honey and the wall paper is stunning perfect for a vintage baby. I

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely makeover, what fabulous wallpaper! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Love it and you will be surprised how you will use it one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH I gasped when I saw the first picture! It turned out fantastic!!!

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks amazing. and a great little project to display that pretty wallpaper. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO cool! I can't wait to see your other baby projects!! I KNOW they're going to be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks AWESOME!! You did a brilliant job xo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!