Tuesday, 26 May 2015

Diana Ware and kitchen things

My sister in law has some lovely pieces of Diana Ware, so when I first came across it I knew what it was. My first Diana Ware finds were shared in this post, along with a brief history of the Australian pottery company. When I saw someone online selling these three jugs at a bargain price I swooped on them. I'm happy to now have a small collection of this lovely polkadot pottery.


These are the bowls that I found ages ago....


I grabbed these Pontessa plates from a dingy op shop. How I'd love an entire dinner set in this design!



This sugar bowl and milk jug was from a market. It matches a teapot I already have.


My previously purchased teapot


And now for some kitsch. Kind of obvious why I was drawn to this set. I saw it a few times at Endos but thought it was a bit overpriced, but then it was on sale at 50% off which sealed the deal.


And finally a large Old Foley by James Kent serving dish that was $2



2 comments:

  1. The polka dots are pretty but it's the bird print plates that really catch my eye - fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitchen things are one of my favourite things to thrift.
    The spotted Diana ware jugs are very sweet. x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!