Sunday, 26 April 2015

Collectorville

I'm one happy mumma to be. It's finally turned a bit cooler here, so polyester can finally reign without feeling like a walking sauna. My belly is looking more pregnant by the day instead of just podgy (I felt my first wee kicks the other day which was a joyous moment). And today I got to squeeze a couple of my vintage loves Celia of Kitty's Vintage & Kitsch and Trudie of My Vintage Childhood who were selling their wares at the Collectorville Fair


 


 There was lots of nice stuff for sale at the fair, but I was restrained and came home empty handed. Although that's not entirely true as sweet Trudie had gifted me a couple of vintage frocks and some dear old books for Little Bean. Although I'm in a fair bit of pain being upright at the moment thanks to my weak back, it was lovely to be out with the vintage crowd.
Here are some pics of the fair......






Loved the platform shoes from Gypsy Bazaar
 


The Captain likes old hats
 

I liked that huge leather bag
 

And this glorious orange vinyl ottoman storage thingo
 

Delicious green radio from Celia's stall

 

And some snaps of Trudie's treasures
 


Those shoes! SO cute!
 




 My sweet friend Trudie...she's a darling!


 The Captain getting in some parenting practice


Here's the 18 week bump


 Outfit Details....

Vintage dress - WAC sale (was a size 22 long sleeved maxi dress which I altered...it was a LOT of frock beforehand)
1960's Enamel flower brooch - Instagram Sale
Deer brooch - From my dear Helga
Bakelite bangles & small ring - Op shopped
Large ring & crochet flower - Handmade & bought at an op shop
Beaded bag - $3 at Salvos
Kumfs sandals - $3 at Salvos in New Zealand




 

9 comments:

  1. How gorgeous are you looking? Love the dress, brown and orange look so good on you and so fabulously 1970s.
    That fair looks great, the Captain's rocking that hat. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic, Leisa, that bump is coming on nicely, and I bet you feel much more comfortable with the cooler temperatures. Gorgeous frock, such flattering colours on you, and I love the sandals.
    The fair looks fun, and you got to meet up with Trudie and Celia too, how lovely! The Captain looks a natural with that kiddy mannequin! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love orange and brown. This frock looks fab. Well done for making the alterations. Hope you kept the remnants you might be able to whip up another great outfit. Cooler weather is so much nicer isn't it? cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love orange and brown. This frock looks fab. Well done for making the alterations. Hope you kept the remnants you might be able to whip up another great outfit. Cooler weather is so much nicer isn't it? cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has got to be my favorite outfit EVER!!! I'm trying not to be too jealous over your sandals. Really...only $3??? You always wear fantastic sandals, but these are extra cute! I think the blue polish on your toes might have something to do with it. :o)

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bump has grown so much!! I'm SO excited I can hardly stand it! And those baby shoes are divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Parenting practice? Hahaha.
    You look gorgeous in your altered frock. Well done on that. And as always, you have a talent for bags and shoes and jewels to complement everything just right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aahh you may be in pain but your looking radiant and so content and happy :-) Its great to see your bump growing and I remember that magical moment of feeling my boys kick for the first time you enjoy every minute lovely. You look gorgeous I love your dress. dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh that dress is gorgeous, congratulations on the baby news :) Your looking very lovely, which isn't always easy to do when your pregnant lol

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!