Thursday, 2 April 2015

Bakelite bargains and jewellery finds

At a recent Aladdin's fair a lady was selling off some jewellery pieces that had been in an elderly woman's collection. Bakelite goes for an arm and a leg here, so I snapped up these bargain bakelite bits at $5 each. Jewellery is ALWAYS my weakness.


Butterscotch bakelite brooch


Red bakelite bird brooch



And a 1930's celluloid brooch



A red disco gem bracelet



An opal ring
Op shopped


Some cut glass beads 
Op shopped


And something that's been on my jewellery wish list for ages, an original 60's AVON owl brooch/pendant with perfume inside, found on Etsy



A red crystal brooch
Op shopped


A goldtone hinged bangle with birds on it
Op shopped


A opal effect silvertone pendant
Op shopped


A wee Bavarian style brooch
Op shopped


Do you have a weakness for vintage jewellery like me?

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow an owl pendant with the chain and the perfume still intact! I have one of those (without the chain or perfume) but I can't wear it because the clasp always opens up when I do. I need to find a tacky gold chain so I can wear it as a pendant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the Bakelite and celluloid birds are so sweet, and I love the opal ring and Avon owl! Lovely finds, Leisa. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally with Curtise I love the bird brooches especially the red one and I love the owl pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dream of owning bakelite bangles...every one I've ever come across has been waaaaaaaaay too expensive!!!

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You KNOW that I have a BAD WEAKNESS / LOVE for vintage 'gems'!!
    You came home with some INCREDIBLE Pieces!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How ace is that owl! i love him! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really do have a weakness for jewelery/accessories like you, but I have found myself wearing it less and less recently. Who have I BECOME??? I love the two bird brooches and also that wonderful owl necklace.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!