Saturday, 21 March 2015

Surprise Like No Other




Some of you already know thanks to facebook, but there's been some things going on behind the scenes that have made it more difficult to blog at the moment. The main one being that we are having a baby! Yep that's right, something I thought was next to impossible, but turns out it happened after 20 years of marriage and living with a complex illness for 22 years. So although we were kind of attempting it, I was SO SO shocked that it actually happened, as I really truly felt our time for a family was over. God obviously had other ideas.


The happy shock has brought with it many emotions. Wrapping my mind around the idea that I'll actually be a mummy, which was a dream I'd been in the process of letting go of (due to my age and my health issues that are obviously chronic, which greatly increase the risk of infertility and miscarriage, plus the fact I can't stay off hormones for very long, which means my windows of fertility have been rather small). We had always hoped for one little one, but we waited and waited hoping my health would improve so we would know it was the "right" time. As it turns out that didn't happen. I knew it was now or never so to speak, especially after turning 40, but I didn't hold out much hope of it happening.

But it did! Our little one is doing well so far (YAY!), and pregnancy is fine really, but my M.E has been throwing all it can at me, as I had to come off all of my medications and treatments cold turkey. 10 all at once....OUCH. So it's been challenging to live day to day without those meds, some of which I've been on for 20 years. With M.E having similarities to other auto immune diseases the theory is that being pregnant often helps with these kinds of conditions, but so far the positives of the pregnancy hormones haven't outweighed the negatives of my illness now going untreated. But I am hopeful that now I'm past the first trimester things will improve, especially as I can go back on a couple of the more essential meds.


I haven't been op shopping as much as usual due to my body not behaving, requiring even more horizontal time, but in all honesty it's been hard to even post on here while keeping this secret. So I'm glad I don't have to hide anymore! I have no doubt life is going to change in a HUGE way, but I really don't want to write a "mummy" blog, so hopefully I'll still natter on about my treasures, finds and my frocks when I can.


So here's to 2015 being full of even more adventures then I expected, with the arrival of our miracle Little Bean in September.
I look forward to catching up with you and your blogs ASAP. Xx

29 comments:

  1. Congratulations, I am so happy for both of you X

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful amazing news. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very happy for you both! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing news! so happy for you and the Captain! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Lisa! This is the loveliest news.
    I am so thrilled for you and your husband.
    I just know you're going to be a lovely Mum.
    Take care, Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That is absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still so overjoyed for you both it's beyond words. I'm just so utterly thrilled and both are going to make incredible parents. All our love we are so, so, so, so happy for you and can't wait to see you next chance we get and you're able to, so I can give you a great big squeeze. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to leave a comment I am so so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute
    you have a very nice blog dear
    i am following you, please follow back.
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, amazing! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you due at the same time as my Sister-in-Law! I'll be thinking of you too when our family's bundle arrives. :o)

    PS: Both of you have that Happy Glow!!! :o) God Bless and Congratulations!!!

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such wonderful news. Congratulations indeed.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! How exciting for you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh congratulations you two. I'm so happy for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh. This is just the BEST. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yay! I am so so happy for you! Ours is due in late aug/September too so hooray! All the best my dear! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! Amazing news and fun times ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sending SOOO many positive vibes your way - for YOUR health and a happy new little bundle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such exciting news, Leisa! Many congratulations. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Leisa - I'm a long time lurker, but this is my first comment. I'm SO SO thrilled for you both! You will be wonderful parents that's for sure. My husband & I had health issues and did not think it would happen for us either - but I had my (one and only) at 37 and he is now about to turn 20! Wishing you all the very best. cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful news. Congratulations!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've been on my mind every since I saw you post on FB. I'm crazy excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness what fabulous news! Many many congratulations. Can't wait to see you gorgeous maternity wardrobe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations and love to all three of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations to you both, I hope I'm as lucky one day soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Reading this post has brought tears of joy to my eyes (again) - I am so happy for you!!!!! You know what this means, don't you? It means I now start knitting and looking for vintage baby things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! Hoping your child wears some adorable vintage outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so far behind, although I did say congratulations on facebook I do want to say it again!! You both look so happy in the first picture - such wonderful news xox

    ReplyDelete
  29. An autoimmune disease makes starting a family so much harder - not just physically, but you also feel so inadequate for caring for another being when you're having a bad time with your illness and finding it hard to look after yourself. I'm so glad that your dreams of starting a family are coming true and I know you are going to be a fantastic mum. I can't wait to see your pregnancy style as your bump grows! I'm hoping to do research into improving pregnancy outcomes for women with autoimmune diseases as my master's thesis in a few years' time. Hoping that your health settles down as your pregnancy progresses and wishing you all the best in such a happy time! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!