Friday, 27 March 2015

Dressed like a bruise

Perhaps the title gives it away, but I've never been a huge fan of the colour purple on me, although I don't mind it on other people. I don't know why, just a preference I suppose. So in the years I've had this dress I haven't worn it very often, even though it's that classic 60's style I love. I think it cost me about $3 at Salvos. At least it's button front which might come in handy when breast feeding.







Outfit Details......

60's cotton shift dress - Op shopped @ Salvos
Polkadot belt - from another vintage frock
Navy enamel brooch - Etsy
Old bling brooch - Gift from my mum
Small enamel brooch & navy raffia bag - Op shopped
Tape measure bangles - from Tarras in New Zealand
Shoes & sunglasses - Retail


 The Captain and I wanted to say a big thank you for your kind words about our exciting news. 
We appreciated every comment so thank YOU! And to all those who came along just to read that post (and probably won't be reading this one!) I want to say hi to you too. Lets just hope I have enough vintage frockage to get me through the expanding belly months....afterall I do like having a wide selection to choose from!

8 comments:

  1. This dress looks fab on you, it has a great print! I absolutely love purple but simply don't have enough of it so I should rectify that I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple looks great on you, you should wear more! That is a perfect breast feeding dress. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this frock on you - its perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour looks fab on you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't wear much in the colour purple either. My Year 12 Formal dress was purple though and I loved it.
    I do like this dress on you. The texture of the fabric is stunning too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see how you're going to dress that growing belly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, button fronts are your friend for nursing...I also liked stretchy peasant top kind of things for easy access...oh and wrap fronts...and of course skirts and loose tops vs dresses...and, and, and...haha.

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purple looks gorgeous on you! I'm sure you'll work your way through your pregnancy in great vintage style. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!