Friday, 6 February 2015

After the flood all the colours came out

I found this handmade cotton dress at a little local oppy. I seem to be drawn to the simple cotton shift dress, they are my uniform of choice through our long hot summer. It has sweet little buttons on the shoulder, but the neck facing is made of a strange toweling fabric. I don't know if that was done on purpose or if the creator had run out of fabric, but I guess it's handy for sweaty moments!









Outfit Details....

Handmade cotton dress - Op shopped for $2
Vintage belt - from another dress
Wooden brooch - a prize from I feel Natty
Silver Siam brooch, silver pendant & opal ring - Op shopped
Two bracelets - Market & op shop finds
Mini plate ring - Ebay
Vintage bag - Gift from Mum
Shoes & sunglasses - Retail

8 comments:

  1. You look lovely and that building behind you could be so beautiful with a make over :-) dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous dress! I love the details.

    http://bookwormscloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab frock - maybe whoever made it wanted a heavier fabric for the facing to weight it down a bit and get it sitting right? Love the bag and pendant too. Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a moment in the late 50's early 60's when resort wear was lined in terry cloth or toweling for après beach. You found something special. Love your bracelet combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That 'Silver Siam brooch' - AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the peeling paint on the house behind you! We have old reclaimed doors in our house and have decided to clear seal over all the cracked and peeling paint, because they look so pretty.

    Does the terry cloth facing make you feel hot? I tend to worry about extra bulk during the Summer.

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your accessories are just tops! Absolutely tops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute little frock - there is something about finding handmade finds that just makes life awesome! I love the interfacing is made from toweling, I don't know why but that just appeals to me:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!