Friday, 2 January 2015

Wrapped in my best girls frock

I guess the title speaks for itself....my dearest Miss J made this gorgeous dress, but she wasn't so keen about wearing it. So she generously passed it onto me. It's rather handy being a similar size. 
The fabric is so bright and fresh, and the polkadot lining makes for a super facing. My new to me plastic beaded bag is from Sandra of Mid Mod Oz at the WAC. Her stalls there are a stand out!









Outfit Details.....

Handmade dress - Made by my long time gal pal Miss J
Handmade ring - Finders Keepers Market
Handmade western comic bracelet - Myclectic
Bird brooch - Made by me
Vintage bag - MidModOz at the WAC
Shoes, sunglasses and necklace - Retail




 I hope your new year is off to a great start. I've been taking things pretty quietly since Christmas as my body always seems to slump more than usual in the height of summer. But the good news is it's getting closer to winter every day!

7 comments:

  1. That's a really great dress, how kind of your friend to pass it on to you! Gorgeous bag and sandals too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done it once again...you have put together the PERFECT outfit!!! I am amazed by your skills! The use of triangles throughout this outfit is so cool. The pennant necklace is probably my favorite piece, it's like is was made for your dress. :o)

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet dress, how nice that your friend passed it on to you.
    I hope you have a wonderful 2015 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous loving the colours on your dress and your shoes are lush. I am the opposite my body gets better in the summer months and right now its a long way off please send me some of yours :-) and I will send you some of our cold weather :-) Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to love in this post - some beautiful photos and you are looking gorgeous. The dress is so cool - the fabric and the style, and I especially love the green polka dotted facings. I like the idea of a wrap over dress. As always you are accessorised perfectly, I am in total lust with that bag. Hope the hot weather is not getting too much for you - about 25 expected here in Dunedin today. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! That dress is beautiful - its great your friend gave it to you - maybe one day you can make her a frock too. The necklace is perfect with it and love the green facing! Happy 2015 pretty lady xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!