Friday, 30 January 2015

A Penny-Rose Special

My dear blogging friend Penny-Rose sent me a surprise package just before Christmas. As I opened the large box I was nearly crying with delight. Everything she had sent me was just perfect. Including this glorious cotton dress which still had the original tags. SQUEE!!!!!
I have NO idea how you managed to give this beauty away Penny-Rose, but I'm glad you did! Xx



I ended up raising the hem slightly and creating a fabric belt from the off cut, as I do like things to be matchy matchy



Outfit Details....

60's cotton deadstock dress and vintage beads - Gift from my lovely Penny-Rose
Enamel flower brooch - Instagram sale
Tape measure bangles - Mrs Robinsons @ Tarras NZ
Vintage button ring - Made by me
Vintage bag - Endos op shop
Shoes and sunglasses - Retail

  

Here is the delightful package of vintage treasure......


With that dress, glorious beads, a matching scarf, a barkloth bag, NZ painting, some tweety S&P shakers, sweet fabric, some reading material and a sheep skin purse, as well as a bath bomb made by P-R's lovely daughter










So thank you my dear Penny-Rose for your delightful package and for being such a generous and wonderful friend. I'm so looking forward to seeing you again in May!

 

Wishing you all a happy weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Aren't you lucky! Gorgeous dress and what a happy parcel to receive. I LOVE your tape measure bangles! Definitely need to find some of those for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most fabulous dress and you're looking glorious. The print reminds me of a similar frock I have, so it goes without saying I like this one lol. The shakers are just so cute and I rather like that fluffy purse. What a lovely parcel of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely gifts! I really love this red, white and blue ensemble xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress looks adorable! I really like your way of putting an outfit together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, no wonder you were almost in tears! What a super thoughtful gift full of amazing goodies!!! I love how you made the belt from the cutoff. Genius!

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it wonderful when somebody just "gets" you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous dress, it's perfect for you! In fact, the whole parcel of gifts is delightful - Penny-Rose has got it spot on! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just came from her site right before I came here! That dress is so much win!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!