Friday, 19 December 2014

Rolling like thunder under the covers

This is my second made by me frock using a 1960's Simplicity pattern. My bestie Miss J gave me this glorious vintage sheet still in the original packaging a couple of years ago, I adore the colours & the print, but I felt like it was too good to sleep on! So I made shift dress number 2. I found the whole thing easier second time round, & I could complete this dress in a day if I didn't need to be horizontal between stages. My only issue is I think I made the back piece too big because I left out the zip, & decided to cut it on the fold instead of having two back bits. But that meant the fit was a bit off. Other then that I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I made a matching belt and headband too.







Outfit Details......

Handmade dress, belt & headband - Made by me
Embroidery hoop brooch - Made by me
Deer brooch - Gifted by a friend
1940's bird brooch - Aladdins vintage fair
Green wood ring - Finders Keepers market
Handmade bracelet - Op shopped at Salvos
Toaster cover bag - Gifted & I added the handles
Shoes & sunglasses - Retail


7 comments:

  1. Oh that is pretty. You are so talented. I think this is the perfect style for you. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious print and colours, and all the better for being made by you - well done! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stellar dress! and it pops wonderfully against that orange backdrop. I love that you made this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I am SO digging that ring and bracelet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! The more you make dresses, the quicker you will become. You can make the same dress over and over but each version will be different from the last!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I've said it before, but you are just the best at coordinating an outfit with accessories!!!!

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your oufits, your style is really fresh and uplifting.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!