I purchased a 1960's sewing pattern for 10 cents at an op shop recently, & I finally worked up the courage to attempt my first ever sewing from scratch. The fabric I chose was as old sheet that I slept on as a child in our holiday house, & Mum passed them onto me. I found following a pattern a bit tricky, especially seeing as there were no facings included. They had obviously gone missing, so I drew up my own & hoped it would work out. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I cheated & didn't include the zip, because I could easily put it on without one. The hardest bit was adding the facings & getting the neckline right, but I have a wearable frock in a style I love to wear. I added the green trim around the neckline, which was about 10 cents worth, so all up it cost me 20 cents to make this dress!
Vintage sheet frock & matching headband - Made by me
Embroidery hoop necklace - Etsy
Vintage bakelite & celluloid bangles - Ebay & op shopped
Fabric belt - Made by Taz
Beaded bag - Vintage Hippy
Shoes & sunglasses - Retail
Since making this dress I've made a second one which turned out even better, as well as sewing a bolero without a pattern. I have really caught the crafty bug!