Friday, 5 December 2014

You know I took the poison from the poison stream..then I floated out of here

I found this handmade cotton dress from Salvos. It was about 4 sizes to big for me, but I hoped I could alter it to fit. So I sewed away, and in the process added some ric rac trim to the neckline. I keep looking around the place for other things to ric rac. Ric rac just makes me happy somehow. I even love saying the word.....it kind of rolls off the tongue. 








Outfit Details.....

Handmade dress - Op shopped at Salvos
Tie belt from another op shopped frock
Crochet bag and the ric rac trim - Gifted by scrumptious Trudie
Green earrings - A birthday gift from darling Vanessa
Vintage charm bracelet - $1 at a garage sale
Old painted brooch - Belonged to the Captains Great Aunty
Sarah Coventry green ring - Gifted by a dear friend
Green beaded brooch - Gifted by my Mum
Green bling ring, crochet vest, bird brooch, shoes and sunnies - Retail



5 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job of altering the dress, and of course adding some ric rac is a sure-fire winner!
    Look at that sunshine - I've been bloody freezing today, the fur coats are out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that dress was certainly worth the effort. And ric rac makes anything better! Great idea. The painting pin is really gorgeous, really, everything together, including with the mister, is pure harmony. Yesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pinback with the sail boats its aaaaaaaaawesome. The dress looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is just smashing!!!! I adore the mix of prints (you are a genius for using that tie belt!!!) and pairing it with the crochet vest.

    And I too love ric rac!!!! :o) The most fun I had was sewing rows and rows of it on the end of a pillowcase complete with ball trim on the outside.

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a wonderful job on this one - I LOVE the word ric rac too :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!