Monday, 13 October 2014

Travel Post: Queenstown Bound

It's hard not to love Queenstown. It is so stunningly beautiful, picturesque, magnificent. Unlike anything we have in Australia. The draw card really is that scenery. I must admit I miss the diversity of vintage shops and op shopping while I'm there, although I found an op shop in the industrial part of town that I've never known existed before, so that helped take the edge off a bit.
We love traveling through Roxburgh and Alexandra. It is such a changing landscape. And a stop at Jimmy's pies is a MUST do!




I stuffed my face with TWO of these delicious pies in quick succession! I'm not even a pie girl normally.



Getting closer to the snow, but there's a tip shop to explore in Alexandra


At the tip shop I found this sweet trinket dish, a couple of old tins and a 1960's home design book








I bought two Danish bangles by Buch Deichmann (1981) from the downtown Salvos, and the Doc's, a suitcase and a dress from the industrial one. Funny story about the Doc's.....I tried on a pair of brogue Doc's at an op shop in Dunedin. They were $45 and I decided not to buy them. I said to myself, "I'd really like to find a pair of green Doc boots for less then $30", lo and behold two days later I spy these green Doc's for $12. Winning!





We adopted this handmade woolly buck from the Queenstown craft markets.


Took a drive out to Glenorchy








We took the obligatory gondola ride to take in that view






They don't call me the crazy bird lady for nothing



Next stop we're Northward bound

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos, stunning views, and great finds - how wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahhaa, take the edge off! I hear you!
    Gorgeous pix, I love how you love our splendid country! It really shines through your eyes!
    I haven't been that way in a while.......XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow!!! Your Green Docs are amazing!!!!!!! How great that you got to wear them right away. :o)

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see precisely what you mean - the scenery is just jaw-dropping-ly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous of your $12 Doc find!! Gimme gimme!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. $12 Docs!! Holy Crap! Sweet Score. My mum used to have that biscuit tin (she may still do). I love Queenstown, so beautiful. But the actual town itself is a weird tourist mecca!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!