Thursday, 23 October 2014

Pink and Purple at the Powerhouse

After a 3 hour physio appointment the other day the Captain and I dropped into the Brisbane Powerhouse at New Farm Park. It's a gorgeous old building that offers an array of performing arts, visual arts, festivals, and free community events. It was built in 1927 as a power station supplying the trams. It was decommissioned in 1971 and re-opened as a modern entertainment hub in 2000.
Seeing as the day was hot I wore this handmade shift dress that I found at the Salvos in Queenstown for $3. I don't usually wear these colours, but I was rather drawn to that fabric.



 









Outfit Details....

60's shift dress - Salvos @ Queenstown 
Enamel flower brooch - Etsy
Tape measure bangles - Mrs Robinson's @ Tarras NZ
Enamel bird necklace - Gifted by the sweetest Squirrels
Polka-dot belt - From another op shopped frock
Vintage Seiko watch - $8 at a garage sale
Navy bag - 50cents at a garage sale
Pink deer ring, shoes & sunglasses - Retail






3 comments:

  1. I love that building! Deco era power stations are some of my favourites!
    And my that enamel pendant is glorious!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pink deer ring is awesome!!! I just bought a pink hippo ring yesterday. :o)

    I know what you mean about not wearing certain colors. I put back a beautiful, beautiful snap front top yesterday, because I just couldn't get over the color palette. I loved looking at it, I just didn't want to wear it. Bravo to you for embracing a new color combo!!! :o)

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you were drawn to that dress - its wonderful! Looks like a fun place to hang out at too :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!