Friday, 17 October 2014

On the Border

I haven't been down to Coolangatta for about a year, so it was a treat to visit there on a lovely Spring day. I wore this handmade barkcloth shift dress given to me by blog friend Susan. I love the square neckline and the colours. I'll be wearing it to death during the hotter months.



We visited 20th Century Antiques, which now has a lovely cafe




I LOVED this handmade cotton dress, but it wasn't the right fit on me
I do love faux patchwork fabric




"That Shop" next door sells rockabilly and pin up style clothing


Stunning views north to Surfers Paradise







Outfit Details.....

Barkloth dress (60's era) - Gifted by Susan
Green tree bird brooch - Gifted by darling Vanessa
Deer brooch and enamel flower brooch - Gifted by Queen Helga
Two vintage Buch & Deichmann bangles - Salvos @ Queenstown
(nearly everything is from New Zealand!)
Button ring - The Collective store
Plastic beaded bag - Op shopped 
Shoes, belt and sunglasses - Retail



7 comments:

  1. That dress is fab, the square neckline looks great on you. I'm lusting over the bird in a tree brooch, too.
    That beach is gorgeous, how lucky to be within travelling distance. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so perfect in the bark cloth dress. I can see why you'll be wearing it and wearing it. Lovely scenery. Lovely accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this dress and the little deer brooch. Does look like a beautiful spring day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the wall hangings with the black dancer and drummer in orange! So my home decor style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful views, and a delicious frock in your favourite colour! Great print too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite brooch collage you've ever put together!!!

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love that frock - especially the neckline and that is an especially wonderful "scrum" of brooches :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!