Friday, 31 October 2014

If you don't love me now, you will never love me again

Is anyone else finding that blog comments are much less then they used to be? Sometimes I wonder if anyone is actually reading anymore, although I've been kind of slack with my commenting on the blogs I follow too. Perhaps all the action is over at Instagram, where I tend to spend more time these days. Oh well I'll just keep on talking to myself in this visual diary of mine! So many of my favourite bloggers don't seem to be blogging anymore. I miss you...you know who you are!

I would normally avoid wearing white like the plague, it just seems to wash me out, but for $1 I had to bring this 1960's cotton dress home from a garage sale. It had some stains, which I had high hopes of removing through multiple soaks, but they didn't budge. I was thinking the dress was destined for the scrap heap. The other issue was that it was at least two sizes too big. I did some alterations, taking it in along the side seams. I also cut the hem quite short in order to remove some of the offending stains. That left me with two stains to deal with. I had some fusing stuff so I used the dress offcuts to make a couple of patches, & fused them over the top of the stains. Although it's not perfect, it has made it wearable for day to day. I also made a belt with the removed hem. I love that this dress has green alongside the red, white and navy.









Outfit Details....

60's cotton dress - Garage sale
Matching belt - made by me
Enamel brooch - Etsy
Red brooch and bead necklace - Op shopped
Tape measure bangles and heart ring - From New Zealand
Crochet bag - Retro Metro
Shoes and Sunglasses - Retail


14 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed your posts for a very long time, and didn't ever let you know. Love the way you update and mix together accessories to make fresh outfits.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This sounds like a lot of work. But it was worth it. What a cute dress. I have a whole box full of projects that are just too daunting to finish. So good for you for sticking with this. Instagram is really for those with short attention spans...like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I've noticed the big drop off in comments on my own blog as well as others I pop by. It's a bit disappointing when most posts take a bit of time and effort to put together.
    I hope you keep going with your blog, I don't always get to comment but I enjoy reading your posts.
    This dress is perfect for summer, it looks lovely and light. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job of rescuing the dress, and it look lovely with your fabulous trademark accessories.
    I find comments can be variable on my blog - some posts get loads, others receive less attention, but as long as my best buddies drop by, that's OK. I think the key is commenting yourself - once you let it slide, and read but don't comment on other people's blogs, they will probably do the same with you. And that's a shame, because it's the conversation that makes it all worthwhile. Which is why I can't be doing with Instagram, there's not enough chat! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fabulous in white, well worth the refashioning! I love those tape measure bangles so much.
    Over here its school half term which always means that blog commenting (and posting) tend to drop off. Curtise is right, commenting is key. Its sometimes a shame there isn't a "like" button to let people know you've visited when you're short on time. I don't get Instagram or those hash tags - it seems a lazy way of communicating.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that I don't comment as much because I've started following too many blogs! Then I need to quickly catch up and I don't take as much time to comment as I used to :(

    Good on you for rescuing this dress, despite the effort. It has turned out beautifully. I also love your tape measure bangles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder you wanted to save this dress so badly! The print is awesome!!!

    I thrifted a dress today that totally made me think of you. I'll let you know when I feature it in a post. :o)

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your blog! but i dont always comment sorry. but know that i am reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading too! I find it difficult to comment because I'm usually reading on my iPad .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, comments have dropped off a lot for me too, but I think it's because so many people are taking blogging breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WE'RE STILL HERE! ...and Loving your posts - Hope you won't quit, just 'cause we are "Lazy-commenting-Bums"!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this frock! I love white, and just don;t care if it's unflattering! I mostly wear it as accessories, I guess. But I have plans for some frocks.
    I love Instagram, but do my best to get around to my fave bloggers...time is tricksy!
    XXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've noticed that about blog comments, I just assumed it was me and no one was reading my blog. I find I don't have much time for reading and commenting and then preparing posts and posting, then replying to comments and it has a knock on effect.
    You did well with that dress, it looks fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree blog comments aren't what they once were and I have often considered giving it in! But there are a few bloggers that make it all worthwhile - plus its nice having a record of your life, isn't it! Sounds like you worked wonders on that frock - looks wonderful now :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!