Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Dosey Doe Dress

I love seeing Helga and Sarah's posts of their square dance frocks. There is something super sweet about these cotton dresses with full skirts. I have trouble finding ones with a larger waist, as usually they are teeny tiny and non stretchy. I didn't even think this one would fit me, so I asked the lady who owns this particular vintage shop on K-Road if she could measure the waist for me. Based on her measurements it was going to be tight, but I tried it on and it fit perfectly, as long as I don't go pigging out on too much french toast! This dress had little puff sleeves which made the dress feel a bit too costumey for me, so I cut them off, sewed up the arms and added some ric-rac trim that Trudie gave to me.







Outfit Details....

Handmade square dance dress - K.Road in Auckland
Enamel flower brooch - Etsy
Tape measure bangles - Mrs Robinson's @ Tarras NZ
Erstwilder ring - Op shopped
Vintage bag - Belonged to my elderly friend Betty
Shoes and Sunglasses - Retail







5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful dress and absolutely perfect for this amazing weather we are getting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is lovely but the accessories are amazing!Have a nice day:::Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHHHHHH! It's gloriarse!!!
    You'll never have enough square dance frocks now, I'm warning you!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you already know how I feel about this dress and how smashing you look. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a sucker for the square dancing frock too - although I never see them around here, I guess I need to look more closely next time in Auckland! This frock is great on your and I LOVE the alteration, it makes it even more perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!