Friday, 29 August 2014

Everywhere you go you always take the weather with you

So I had intended on these pics being taken down by the bay, but the weather wasn't really photo friendly. I don't mind it being cloudy, but the wind plays havoc with both hair & frockage. So I had to go with my less preferred option of indoor photos. I call this my Monet frock, it kind of looks like a painting. It's one of my early finds when I started my obsession with vintage dresses. I think from memory it was $3 at the Paddington Vinnies. The hand knitted bed jacket cardigan was a recent find for $1.50. It has this weird puckered design which I don't find terribly flattering, but I am a sucker for a green Nana knit.



The beautiful bay at low tide....glorious mud flats.


 That's me giving up due to the wind!







Outfit Details....

Vintage frock - Op shopped @ Vinnies
Knitted cardigan - Op shopped
Silver deer brooch - Birthday gift from a dear friend
Sarah Coventry bird brooch - Ebay
Round brooch, button bracelet & tooled bag - Op shopped
2 rings from my childhood collection
Boots & tights - Retail

 


8 comments:

  1. OH! I have that SC Bird brooch TOO!! I Must go dig it out and wear it more - you look Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. LOVE the jar of Pool Balls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent choice of tights and boots! They give a cool girl vibe to an otherwise girly-girl look. Not that girly is bad of course. :o)

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why won't the weather play nicely all the time? Not to worry as you look just as lovely inside as out. Gorgeous frock with such pretty colours and accessories. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bracelet is great and you just reminded me, I TOTALLY need to get some grey tights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Love Love this outfit and may I say you look absolutely gorgeous girl!! Really a pretty dress and all those gorgeous matching accessories, I don't know how you do it! You've got style girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wind may have been annoying - but your hair looks super amazing in these pictures!! Also monet frock is stunning - I like you gave it a name :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!