Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Weekend Wanderlust

The Captain scored a long weekend off work so we went to our beloved Sunshine Coast for a short break. Of course there was coffee involved, as well as op shopping, and soaking up the winter sun on the beach. It's such a glorious time of year on our beaches. They seem more beautiful in winter somehow.




 I was given a gift voucher for the store Lamington for my birthday, so we popped in for a visit. 
LOVE that shop.




Salvage Design has moved to a more central location. They have some great mid-century pieces at reasonable prices. One thing the Sunshine Coast needs is more vintage shops.






Of course some things came home with me.
Including the blue circle whatchamacallit?
I knew it would be perfect for my deer doily



 Wooden earring from Lamington


 I always need another bird brooch


Sarah Coventry bling ring. Gee I love Sarah Cov stuff


Pattern obviously

A vibrant vintage sheet


 Birdie wall vase to add to my collection




A book from 1975 about sewing & craft



All in all it was a lovely weekend. 
I hope you're all having a good week so far.

6 comments:

  1. Oh these beach photo's they look lovely xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo of the pair of you and a truly glorious beach. Love that insane crochet maxi (maybe I should do that with one of my blankets?) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vintage sheet is stunning.
    Lamington looks like my kind of shop too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We call the blue thing an embroidery loom.

    Your pictures make me want to run to the beach, but it's Summer here so it wouldn't be all to myself. :o)

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that does sound like the perfect weekend - gorgeous pics of the coast, and the shops, and of you lovely people too!
    Some gorgeous finds - funnily enough, I was looking at that very same sewing pattern on Ebay, wouldn't it look great made up from that fabulous sheet? xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!