Friday, 18 July 2014

Chop and Change

This vintage frock started life as a gigantic long sleeved maxi dress that I bought at the WAC. It sat languishing in my wardrobe, as it felt like too much frock. The other issue was the fact it's a size 20, which means it was several sizes too big. I decided to chop both the sleeves & the skirt, & I took it in at the torso as well. Now I like it so much more. I made a little scarf from the skirt offcuts too. Oh how I'm loving tweaking things on the sewing machine...my new obsession. I've got to admit I'm no fan of indoor photos, I am so much more comfortable hiding behind my sunglasses!








The dress pre chop



Outfit Details....

Vintage maxi altered by me - WAC clothing sale
Scarf made from frock offcuts
Orange enamel brooch - From my childhood
Orange bracelet & beaded bag - Op shopped
Ring, cardigan, boots & tights - Retail


My little scarf made from offcuts


9 comments:

  1. Well done on your revamp! I see you've taken your colour combo from your ring, great idea. The dress looks great now, would never know it started life as a size 20!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you! Quickly becoming a refashioning queen. I love this frock and it looks great with blue :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love how you've paired your revamped frock with the blue. Love it! I'm also liking your boots v much, you've got a great selection of them haven't you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't seem to have anything to say that everybody else hasn't already said! Well, it's unanimous. We all agree that your color combo is genius, and your shoes choice spectacular!

    I prefer outdoor photos too, but it's fun getting a peek into your home. :o)

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the print on your dress, very seventies! Oh how i wish i knew how to use my sewing machine... very envious of your sewing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous and the dress turned out fabulous! The print is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job refashioning the dress - that print is just too fabulous not to wear! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tweaking is so much fun! Love the dress now, and pairing it with blue was genius. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you've paired that electric blue with those gorgeous autumn colors!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!