Friday, 2 May 2014

Bright Sunshiny Day

I bought this vintage frock at the last WAC clothing sale last year. It's a typical polyester fabric, with a zip front, pockets and a huge collar. All the features I like, plus it has my favourite colours of green and orange in it. I think it will be versatile in winter with a cardigan and boots. Oh how I'm looking forward to the predicted temperatures this weekend of 20 and 21 degrees. The first taste of winter for us Queenslanders!
These pics were taken last weekend at a sweet spot on the Sunshine Coast. I enjoyed a wee dip in that water. It was a beautiful weekend filled with the things I love....my Captain, coffee and op shops. 








Outfit Details.....

Vintage dress - WAC sale
Fabric belt - from another frock
Tape measure brooch - Made by me
Handmade ring - Op shopped
Vintage bracelet - Op shopped
Beaded bag - Op shopped @ Salvos
Shoes & sunglasses - Retail


We're hoping to zip up the Coast again this weekend for the annual antique fair. I'll try my best to take some pics, but sometimes the enjoyment gets the better of me!

9 comments:

  1. What a fab frock! I love orange and turquoise together. And I am drooling over that bag too, a beauty that you can fit lots of stuff in, perfect! A gorgeous location too, look at that delightful beach.
    Have a great weekend, Leisa. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange and turquoise are one of my favourite colour combos, too. that setting is gorgeous, I'd never be out of that water. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress but I just want to dive into that water and go for a swim. I would give my right arm for temperatures in the 20s. Already wearing tights and boots here in Dunedin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great dress with such cool zesty colours. The weather looks amazing where you are - we have had a weekend of grey skies and rain pelting down. Not fun when outdoor things MUST be done. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh how pretty! And that belt is so sweet with your dress, good choice!

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I haven't managed to check yo out much lately as my computer is a cantankerous old cow and frequently goes offline when I open blogs. It's painful!!! But right now, she's playing ball!! It's a miracle. So I will have quick browse through your recent posts. You're looking great. It always looks like mid summer in your blog! YOu are so good at matching and accessorising!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, your dress and accessories are lovely. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that beaded bag takes me right back to the 70s! When I was in about year 1 we spent a term in 'clubs' making a little placemat using that technique, I think mine was a poodle. I so remember the day a teacher took me to the staff room because I was short a few blue beads, and I discovered that the beads were cut from the kind of tubing used on coathangers ... (Funny how even then I was taking in how things were made and storing it away so i remember it now about 30 years later!) Alas my placemat is long gone, am glad your bag survived to be re-loved by you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely frock - beautiful colours on you! I can't even deal with 20/21 being cooler weather - here in Wellington people would be getting out their shorts and sundresses for that kind of weather ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!