Tuesday, 8 April 2014

They call me the bag Lady

WARNING: Bag heavy post!

I'd say this post is self explanatory. I love old bags.
I've had this post sitting in drafts for yonks, I'd say some of these go back about 6 months, and I've added a few more to my collection in recent days. So I haven't been on an enormous bag binge, even though this post makes it look that way!


Tooled leather beauty found last week at Salvos



A sweet navy raffia bag from Lifeline


These vintage bags came from my friend Betty during her wardrobe clear out.
She was partial to the colour red.




Sweet little fabric bag. Not sure if it was originally for toiletries?
From ages ago at Aid for the Blind


Beaded camel bag
Salvos



Green vinyl clutch bag
Salvos


Brown beaded bag, never used
Vinnies



NSW made Sheldon green vinyl bag, with the lucky cent inside!
Vinnies




Australian made Glomesh bag
Aid for the Blind


Faigen vinyl bag, another one from NSW
Salvos


Oh dear, when you see all of these photos it really does look like I have a bit of a thing for bags.
I guess my secret's out now!
Do you have a particular weakness for shoes or bags?

11 comments:

  1. Beaded bags and tooled leather ones for me - I'm always snapping them up. I'm toying with taking a few beaded wonders to Sunday's fair though, do you find you have a favourite and the others get let behind? Time to share the love! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yes that tooled leather bag's a beaut! Give me bags with beading, bright colours and unusual shapes and I'm all over them!

    Knowingw where to store them though is becoming something of an issue.... :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how do I chose a favourite from that selection! So pretty amazing scores there - I think I'm pretty in love with the wee glomesh bag though :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I have a huge bag wish list! Crochet, knitted, beaded, embroidered, raffia...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Vix, I do love tooled leather and beaded bags. When you see all the different colours and styles and shapes you can enjoy, for not much money, it's a wonder anyone buys dull old black tote bags, isn't it? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a collection, I am just as bad as you every time I go thrifting I come home with a new bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I have a weakness for shoes AND bags!!! :o)

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bags tooled leather bags are a definite favourite, I have several different tooled one and I'm always secretly (ok not secretly, loud and proud more like it) on the look out to add to my collection. Actually I'm particularly on the hunt for a tooled purse, I hate modern day purses. By the way I like to floral bag with the plastic handles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't much like modern purses either. I use a glomesh purse and it my favourite.
      x

      Delete
  9. Such a stunning collection you have. The tooled leather one is my fav. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a CUTE post :) and your blog is so fab and fun.

    Check out my new post....How you decorate a small space to look bigger :)

    Have a great weekend dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!