Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Menagerie of Op Shop Finds

Like some of you out there, for some reason my local op shops are full of "stuff", but the stuff I really like has been few & far between. But in saying that I still seem to have things to show you from the past few months. Actually some of these finds go back to last year so it's about time I posted them!


Before Christmas I found this handmade skirt & jacket suit. The fabric is light-weight & I LOVE the print. 
A bargain at $5 from Salvos



Another Salvos find was this large anodised planter. I have two smaller ones in the same gold-tone, so I was happy to add this one to the collection for $6.



A set of rose enamel rose jewellery from Salvos





Practically new leather & wooden clog sandals by Diana Ferrari
Lifeline $3


Some brand new vintage linen.....a pair of pillowcases as well as a crisp double bed sheet
Lifeline






My first pair of vintage shorts. I haven't worn shorts once in around 4 years. They just feel weird on, & I don't think they compliment my body shape. These are really comfy, but I don't think you'll be seeing me modeling these for you anytime soon. 
Vinnies $3



Have your local op shops had any good treasures lately?

10 comments:

  1. Great finds. I especially like those shorts. I don't wear shorts either but this styles is fantastic. Maybe they will tempt you...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shorts are fabulous, love the zig zag detailing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must agree - my local op shop finds are few and far between - too much new crap from fast fashion stores! Those shorts are exceptional though - great find xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh. The rose set bought back memories..I has one similar when I was little.I agree, great finds and crazy good shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Enameled Rose Pin's sister in yellow. :o)

    I am pinning those shorts right now...I "need" to sew some just like them!!! I really, really hope you end up getting used to them so we can see them on you. :o)

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sandals and the shorts - wouldn't they look good together? Lovely bed linen too. I haven't been charity shopping for a week or so - I need to do something about that! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bed linen and the planters rock!
    Indeed, the goodies are few, but far between.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finding shoes that are New and that Fit and that are Cute. Bonus points for that find. Can't wait to see you wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yip the vintage is just out there........poo! I do like your finds sweet.....the pattern on the skirt and blouse is fabulous. Love v

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pillowcases. And those shorts are AMAZING! I'm sure you can make them work!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!