Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Matchmates & Other Finds

I spied this bright blue cardigan on a rack at Salvos. Never worn vintage knitwear is something I don't come across here in Brissy. I love the stripe effect & pockets. And I was delighted at paying $6 for it.



A vintage scarf from a church-run op shop. LOVE the colour combo!



Obviously more navy & white beads for 50cents from Vinnies


An unusual bracelet in green & yellow from Salvos for a few bucks


Green bling brooch from the last Aladdins vintage fair for $3


I picked up these odd egg cups from a nursing home op shops for 20cents. I had a feeling they were old but wasn't sure. I saw the same ones for sale at the Aladdins fair for $20 each. They are Noddy & Big Ears collectible cups from the 60/70's.


The first plastic basket I've come across, which made me immediately think of Op Shop Mama who collects these. I think it was 50 cents from Salvos



A sweet crustic Woolworths tin from a garage sale




7 comments:

  1. Bet you can't wait for the weather to be cool enough to rock that gorgeous cardigan over a dress with tights and boots!
    Lovely finds, as always. Great jewellery, love the scarf, and those Noddy and Big Ears egg cups take me back! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cardi! What an awesome find - perfect for your next nz trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember those Noddy and Big Ears egg cups from my childhood! Thats taking me back. Love that cardi and beautiful green and yellow bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue cardi is lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing how you style your outfits during the cooler days.
    Today I scored a grey woollen cardi and hand knitted pink cape from the op-shops, which was lucky as I don't really have many winter woollens. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cardie is a giggle alright to find it in QLD still with tags. Gorgeous colour. The scarf is rather Christmassy and I think the basket and and tin would be fab with succulents in them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The egg cups made me smile so big!!! :o)

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Yes I have that exact same one! Really - it's the first you've come across?! They're not uncommon here.. But finding cool ones like that is the skill! Love the cardy.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!