Friday, 28 March 2014

It's something quite familiar


I bought this handmade cotton shift dress from a Sunshine Coast op shop, with a whole bunch that came from an elderly hoarders collection. I was immediately drawn to that fabric. I added some darts with my sewing machine, as it was a bit shapeless to start with. We took these pics at the little historic local church that sits in the middle of suburbia, but it feels like you're miles away in a little forest.















Outfit Details....

Handmade 60's dress - Salvos
Tie at waist from another frock
Green German pendant - Endos
Button brooch - Local market
Button ring - The Collective Store
Green bracelet - Salvos
Tooled leather bag - Ebay
Shoes & Sunglasses - Retail



7 comments:

  1. That dress is lovely you always find the best clothes. Where did you take your photos? It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello gorgeous. Just busy writing a post about nominating you for an ME award. Hope you don't mind! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous photos! I adore your button ring. :o)

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like a spot of paisley and this dress in shades of green is stunning.
    I love your little church backdrop too.
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful dress, and it really suits you. The location looks wonderful too. I've stopped by here after reading about your blog on Cosmos & Cotton, so happy to have found it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweetie of a frock! I love the print, and of course, the colour!
    Your bracelet is especially delicious!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a lovely little frock, I do like the ribbon belt you've added. And the tooled leather bag is a beauty. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!