Tuesday, 4 February 2014

I can't explain the randomness

I'm not sure why I was drawn to this old doll. Her skin is kinda orange & she was all dusty. But those big eyes got me. I love her 70's outfit. She was made in Japan & I think she would have spun on that podium at some stage. The Captain thought I was mad, but at $1 I had to find a place for her.



Squee!!! Another vintage swimsuit in pristine condition. I'm rather fond of the ice-skating style skirt. I do dislike those low cut scoop backs on old togs, so I have sewed a few stitches further up which seems to give me more support. I hate the feeling of my back fat hanging out!
Vinnies




A green corduroy handmade hat with a bow
Salvos



A never used vintage knife set. I LOVE these knives. They are so sharp & so much better then the modern knives we are used to.
Vinnies



Two Carlton Ware "Apple Blossom" plates
$3 from Lifeline





And something from my childhood
Tupperware "Zoo It Yourself" animal circa 1966
I've seen these at HIGH prices at the vintage stores
Salvos



9 comments:

  1. I love random randomness. That doll looks like Goldie Hawn in her day. Squee! How do you find such fabulous stuff? You are une artiste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doll is groovy, baby! So are your togs (don't you love the word togs?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doll kind of rules - love her outfit! The togs are pretty sweet too and I love those wee plates, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That doll has been abusing both sunbeds and amphetamines, she's a bit bonkers! Lovely old cossie, those knives look useful, and that little Elephant is definitely the cutest Tupperware I have ever seen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice scores! I would have got that doll too.. Love the tupperware toy - I have our old set from when we were kids..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had forgotten about those tupperware toys!!! The doll looks like she has happy faces on her eyes. :o) But her pants are awesome! I see why you couldn't leave her.

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The orange doll with big eyes is magnetic - it attracts awesome lovely kind people like you :-) Do you wear the togs for actual swimming or just bathing? The reason I ask is that I wonder if some of the old togs would survive in chlorinated water - if they would go all saggy and baggy. Never seen the tupperware elephant toy before but its really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet finds! I think that little doll is very cute. What a gorgeous bathing suit, it looks amazing. I am especially drawn to the "Zoo It Yourself" elephant. Even though it is before my time, my siblings and I had these whilst growing up and loved playing with them. Unfortunately my parents didn't know of their value and got rid of them when we got a bit older. A real shame!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the doll/figure I'm so glad her eyes wistfully sucked you in and you've given her a new home. I love her outfit of course great colours lol. You are so lucky with swimsuits, I'm still without my first. Finally that was a score on the Tupperware toy I've seen the stupid prices they go for online and yours looks to be in beautiful condition.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!