Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Lenco Electrics Fan & Planet Lamp

Fans are a necessity when you live in Queensland (we own 7!), unless you're lucky enough to have air conditioning. I'm always on the look out for old fans. There's something beautiful about the old ones, but they are mighty expensive here lately. I found this one for sale on Gumtree for $20. It's a 1950's Australian made Lenco fan. I love the old metal & the light blue blades. It rotates & purrs quietly, & has worked overtime this past month. We now have two old fans.....I could feel a collection coming on if only I had the space!





I found this Australian made 1960's Planet lamp ages ago at Salvos for $6. It's not the currently trendy Studio K design, but this model is less common. It may not be the most desirable colour being brown, but I knew it would be a useful addition to our computer room. I've seen the same lamp for sale on Ebay for $150.











 I'm linking up with The Nifty Thrifty
Sir Thrift Alot @ Thriftasaurus
and The Op Shop Show Off

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, how cool! Ha, I'm bloody hilarious, me... I really like old fans too, and the lamp is great. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the old look fans - although as you can imagine, not too much need for fans in Wellington ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore old fans, they're just beautiful. We occasionally have the need, so I am sure I need one! At least if you collect them, they're actually useful, which I believe is a perfect excuse to start a collection!
    Dear old lamp too! G is lamp obsessed, and we have some really nice ones around the house.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love beautiful old useful things. And I'm sure you can certainly use a fan these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in Texas, I understand the need for fans. Yours is making me cross-eyed with envy!

    Would you be opposed to painting the lamp?

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. good ol mission brown.....as a child of the 70`s I swear that colour is in my blood. I just have visions of you and the cap in a wind tunnel created by your 7 fans all going at once....hehe hold onto your hats! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the fan and the lamp both are fabulous, dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fan is awesome!!! And that lamp is super cool too. Sounds like they are worth a pretty penny, so I guess my first thought to paint it is probably out of the question. Wouldn't it be pretty if it was the same color as your fan though...

    ReplyDelete
  9. and what a very cool fan too!! Loving the lamp. Some great finds. Hope you are keeping well lovely, we must talk soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really should clean our fans more than once a year, I'm a disgrace! I love your new fan, so elegant and it seems the designer has actually thought it through. Bargainous find!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hardly ever need a fan at home, because I have a brick house which is well insulated. But I often need one at work because it's a weird building with hot spots and cold spots. The old fans look gorgeous but I've never seen one at a reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!