Tuesday, 3 December 2013

My Cozzie Collection












I found my first pair of vintage togs a couple of years ago at a local church op shop for $4. They are hard to find here in Queensland, I think we tend to wear swimsuits until they die so to speak. For some reason I have become rather obsessed with finding the perfect old cozzie. I purchased some in New Zealand, as they were quite easy to find over there. In the past couple of months I have found 2 more on Ebay. I've got to stop now I think!
I find the cut is much more flattering on my figure then modern togs....I think it's something about the boy leg style. The pair below are just beautiful. The colours are so vibrant. They have never been worn and still have all of the original tags attached. I love the higher back with the zip. Such incredible construction. It's like wearing a corset.










This was a pair from the UK. I'd say they are 50's or 60's era. The fabric is a parachute kind of acetate. They are by 'Roxanne', and they have a union garment tag. The only thing is they give me a rather unnatural pointy bust shape. I'm debating whether to remove the bra insert. If any of you can share your opinion on whether I should do that or keep them as is for originality and value sake? I'd hate to cut  it out and then live to regret it.




 Lovely pleated detail on the torso, buttoned shoulders, and a metal zip






This is a pair I bought in Auckland. 
 

And finally my original pair from a local op shop. I've worn these in the ocean and they do the job well. Nana style all the way!



19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous swimsuits. Anything with a zipper in it wins hands down in my eye. I've started to see new styles made after similar cuts, minus the lacy bra inserts. Cheers for Nana style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of them (and that b&w photo is fab)
    I have a pair of My Sister Pat vintage style bathers. They are so comfy, and I love the extra coverage - which means I don't have to have my bikini line waxed (I hope that's not too much information?!) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bloody decent collection! I too am a big fan of vintage togs, I think I only have three pairs and none of them are quite as nice as yours but they still do the job! I think the last pair would have to be my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I love them.Well done finding them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a fascination with old swimsuits and love how you call them "togs" and refer to them as "pairs" rather than the singular.
    Gorgeous finds there. I like the rigid boobs. I'd wear those beauties with a skirt over the top! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes they are beautiful! Especially love the first one. So gorgeous. Definitely more flattering.
    I once removed the insert of some old preggy togs (dress style with undies attached.) SO they're now separate, and I have to wear a black plain thing under the top/dress, for modesty reasons!! Very silly decision on my part!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely togs. I would advise you to leave the bullet bra in, for authenticity and also because it's rather attractive! I remember having a vintage swimsuit when I was a child (I think it belonged to my mother), but I've sadly lost it. It was blue and white spotted and ruched with a halter neck tie. One day I will write a post about an amazing photo I have of my beautiful grandmother in a bathing suit circa 1915.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. Word. They are studpendously gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE these, Leisa! Such fabulous colours and prints, and the zips are brilliant. Unusually for me, as someone whom often prefers their vintage left alone and unaltered, I think if you want to wear the swimsuit and the bullet bra inserts mean you won't, then remove them. It's yours, you can alter it if you want, and if doing so it makes it a wearable piece. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your vintage swimsuit collection is lovely! That first pair is my favourite. I think vintage styled swimsuits are much more flattering too, and can be great for girls who are a little shy like me. They must be so comfortable! I'd love to one day be lucky enough to find a vintage pair that I can wear in the surf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW I was loving seeing the photo images of the costumes don't you just love the 50's style's ;-) And then you show us your own collection I have swimming costume envy love them all there gorgeous. I wouldn't have the heart to cut any of them but you have to be comfortable. dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh sweet they are amazing.....what fabulous finds. I have removed the internal bras before.....due to damage......I would be very careful.......sometimes they lose the cut and shape of the bathing suit. Happiness to you.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  13. That first suit is AMAZING!!!!!!
    I kind a like a pointy boob effect, myself! I love them all, it's the start of a great collection, babycakes! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these. I had a vintage suit that I cut the torpedo boobs out of and put some soft modern cups in. Maybe that would work? You're gonna look like a BABE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow quite the collection. I really enjoyed looking at all those gorgeous vintage images too. My fave is the first (green one), it simple is the best. You are going to look stunning!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Devine. I'm yet to come by my first pair that will actually fit me. All the patterns are gorgeous, but you know I'm saying oh my goddddddd at the first pair. I'd most likely go for the pointy bust personally, but agree with Curtise they're yours you can do what you like.

    P.S - if you missed Celia say so on FB she has a shipment of vintage swimsuits coming in the new year, so keep your eyes peeled.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome collection, love the first and the last. Think you are right, we wear them until they die!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love them all - especially the first pair. Nana style forever!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!