Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Sunshine, Fat & Op Shopping


The Captain & I had a long weekend at our family bach on the Sunshine Coast. It was a glorious weekend, although too hot for my liking. We visited the beach, my favourite coast op shops, & I had to try to ingest 100 grams of fat each day for four days for a medical test I'm having tomorrow. I thought that would be a piece of cake (pardon the pun!), but it turns out it's harder work then you might think! 
Fish & chips, milkshakes, KFC, donuts, pancakes, cream, chocolate. 
I feel sick of the sight of food at the moment.....and that's coming from a pretty big eater!
Here are some pics of our weekend.....





I had banana & honeycomb pancakes, which I couldn't get through on my own. But they were good!




I ogled this fabulous Mini with red interior


And I struck the mother load of vintage frocks at our very first op shop. An elderly lady's collection had been donated. Apparently she was quite the hoarder, and she just happened to be my size! 
 I ended up with 12 frocks for under $50 from the 50's, 60's & 70's.
The fabrics & styles had me squeeing in excitement! It was like a vintage dream, I thought tales like this were an urban legend. And just to tease me they told me even more stock is going out this week....maybe it's just as well I won't be there.


Of course there were also accessories to be had....
Bangles, beads & brooches






And my other weakness, vintage bags.....









And a wee bit of pyrex to add to my mixing bowl collection


Some old sewing patterns which make great wrapping paper.
10cents each


Signing off for now.....I've got washing to do & blogs to read, & fat to eat! Xx

13 comments:

  1. I think I might have died and gone to heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that fat would make me miserable, thank goodness for amazing chazza shop hauls and a gorgeous beach to gaze at. Hope the tests go okay for you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend and the weather looks SOOOO nice! Its is freezing here. What I would give to put my feet on that lovely sand. I honestly couldn't do the 100g of fat and I am a big eater too. I gathered that it is all saturated and not healthy fats like nuts and avo's?? I hope your health copes with this all! Goodluck with the test, I do hope it was worth it. I don't know how you do this, but you always luck in with some fab frocks. You must have hundreds of them by now right? Love the accessories and also the vere pretty yellow bowl, love! Sending much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking out the window at snow so that looks like heaven! And winter has not even officially begun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Epic pancakes, beach, and thrifting, sounds like a wonderful time :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. O, my WORD what a score!!!
    I'm gagging over that enormous pancake stack, the views..........but HOLY COW, you have ,made my fantasy score, darling! I'm SO thrilled for you! Can't wait to see you wearing these treasures! And the BAGS!!!! I feel a little faint.............XXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was the mother load! I am so jealous of not only your haul, but also your medically prescribed fat binge (I only self medicate with fat!) Can't wait to see the frocks and bags in action.

    ReplyDelete
  8. am looking forward to the wearing posts coming up.....looks like u could do a frock a day for a while!.....mmmm pancakes! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eureka. That IS quite a haul. How exciting! I can't wait to see you wear those cute dresses. I used to have an amber beaded purse like that one. I had forgotten all about it. It's long gone. In fact....maybe that's mine! Did it have Altoids, some Bonne Bell pink lemonade lipstick and $100 inside? Then it was definitely mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what an amazing score. People play way more than $50 for one dress and you got 12. I love the bangles and the beaded bag. 100 grams of fat is quite a lot. I hope your medical test goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness, that is a real treasure trove! Gorgeous beaches, great op shopping, a stack of pancakes, and being under doctor's orders to eat fat? Sounds OK to me! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet vintage haul! I'm jealous!! Also I'm sure eating 100g of fat a day is less fun that in sounds. Those pancakes are epic!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!