Friday, 4 October 2013

Pink Tetris Frock Friday with a Dash of Desiree

I bought this frock at the annual Auckland Vintage & Textiles fair in September. Lucky for me it is usually held when we are visiting my sister-in-law in Auckland. This years fair didn't disappoint. There was lots of vintage....frocks, clothing, swimwear, linen, sewing stuff & accessories. There are a few stalls with sky high prices (like dresses for $350!), but there are plenty of reasonably priced items too....which suits me just fine!
This is a handmade dress in a thick cotton fabric, with a huge flying nun collar & a metal zip. The seller had 3 of these frocks, all in different fabrics. They fit like they were made for me (don't you just love that?), & I came away with the 2 that I liked the most. I usually steer clear of pink, but this one grabbed me for some reason.











 
 Outfit Details......

Handmade vintage frock - Auckland Vintage Textile Fair
Enamel flower brooch - Etsy
Tape measure bangles - Mrs Robinson @ Tarras
Vintage ring (round) - Op shopped
Vintage ring - had it forever
Handbag - "So Obviously Rex" from Mayfield Overflow
Shoes - Retail (Target)


Here are a few pics from the Auckland fair












Last week the Captain & I were out having coffee on his day off, & who should we bump into at the cafe, but the gorgeous Desiree. I spotted that fabulous hair from a distance, & it was wonderful to have an unexpected wee catchup with her & the Stylist. Isn't she just glorious in that navy embroidered slip & cape?!


19 comments:

  1. Such a sweet frock, love the print. What colour was the second one you bought? Can't wait to see!
    There looks as though there is much to enjoy at the vintage fair, and how delightful to bump into darling Desiree!
    Have a lovely weekend! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, oh I just love you in the pink dress it really suits you! I think its special clothing Karma when you find something that fits perfectly, well done for buying two. I wonder if the other one is green???????? I am coveting the tapemeasure bracelets - but I am so stingy I thought I would try and make my own....somehow. The auckland fair looks like it was lots of fun. What a major bonus to see the fabulous Desiree! Hope you are having a great Friday night. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is great, it looks almost pixelated and the colour's gorgeous on you! Love that wacky fabric! How exciting to meet Desiree, too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that pink dress - it looks fab! First time I've visited your blog... certainly one for my blog reader ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A vintage fabric fair sounds way too dangerous for me to attend. You and Desiree are a couple of lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh lordy I'm fainting with spasmodic envy over every single one of those glorious lengths of fabric at the fair - daaaayyyyyyyyyammmmmm!!!! We were clearly MEANT to bump into one another, I'm so happy to have seen you again and you looking so gorgeous and freshly-vacationed! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous dress! You look lovely in pink and isn't it the best feeling when you pick out a dress and it fits you perfectly? I love the look of that orangey floral fabric at the fair - I would love couches lined with that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so pretty pink honey the dress is lovely on you and I love the tape measure bangles.......what to brooch would have been too much with that combo? Lol! they're super cool. The pics of the fair look fun I love the smile in the captains to face where he is holding that bag. Finally what surprise to have an unexpected catch up with Desiree and yes she looks utterly divine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh so many goodies!! That fair looks like a great time, The Whole Town print is out of control, and that adorable dog for only $5!? What a deal!

    xo Noelle

    MakiMaki Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely to see you in some summer frocks. I especially like the tape measure bangle, fab! What a great day out, love the pic of the toy poms in the basket for a fiver, very sweet. Hope you are doing well lovely and sending you much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those tape measure bangles are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dress is cute but I concur on the bangles. Very original. Nice finds. Thanks for posting and feel free to drop by me too anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love when I find dresses that fit to a T, that dress looks fab on you, love the colour and print. I love Desirees look, she looks like so much fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hellooooooooo. So happy to meet you! Dresses that fit perfectly and look beautiful, too? How wonderful is that? Pretty great. I'm going a little bit nuts looking at all of the fab fabric at the fair. Nicely done, you little bird girl. Connie*

    ReplyDelete
  15. The fair looks fantastic!! Lots of treasures to be found there. Your pink dress is lovely and looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at you two! Seriously - I need to come and hang out in Brisbane one of these days!! I REALLY hope I can make it to the vintage textiles fair next year - I'd LOVE to get my hands on that fabric and patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. how wonderful! 2 gorgeous girls in 1 place and that fair! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh such lovely treasures! Why on earth do you usually avoid pink? You look GOOORGEOUS in it! Love that brooch and holy guacamole if I saw you and Desiree sitting there having a coffee I would have an absolute conniption!!!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look so stunning in pink! Truly beautiful, Leisa xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!