Friday, 9 August 2013

See the Bird with a leaf in her mouth

Last week when I dropped into Salvos, I could see a rack of interesting looking clothing in the sorting room. The kind ladies let me have a look & said it was going to the dress up section. Someone had donated a pile of vintage dresses, skirts & pant suits. I tried on a few but only bought this one. It's a crisp woven cotton shift dress in a lovely bright pattern, and it has pockets, and fits like a glove. It's up there with some of my best op shop frocks...I'll probably wear it out by Summer!
These pics were taken at the Brisbane Antique Centre as well as down by the bay.


 











Outfit Details.....

Late 60's cotton frock - $8 Salvos
Blue cardigan - Gift from my Sis
Orange enamel brooch - from my childhood
Green 70's disco ring - Chapel St Bazaar
Gold disco ring - Suitcase rummage
Green & orange knuckle-bone beads - Op shopped 
Orange bangle - Gift from a dear friend
Orange beaded bag - Garage sale
Boots, tights & sunnies - Retail





18 comments:

  1. Hey VBG, what a lucky find. I always try to find vintage pieces to no avail. Love the bright colours of the dress and you have the best styling ever! Tam x

    p.s. I like the robot in the background of the first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't you just love the words......dress up box......I get the tingles thinking of what treasures may be waiting........and that is one fabulous treasure, you must have squealed with excitement. What a truly yummy pattern.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Love V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours!!! Fab choice and the cutest bag ever. And the tree well it makes me want to play again!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new dress, it really suits you and that bag is so fun! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very Liesa frock and I know you'll get loads of wear from it, what perfect timing! Love that beaded bag & the chair beneath the tree! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this frock and it is super gorgeous on you beautiful lady!! I don't know how you do it, but you always look amazing and so coordinated. You're a style icon my dear and so good at sniffing out a bargain!! I'm not sure when you are off to NZ, but take it easy so you can have a fab hols. Hope you are still feeling a little better?! Loving the pics by the bay and that tree, oh my I want a picnic right by it! Sending you much love!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great dress! The colours are gorgeous. Bring on summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this dress is just fabulous and I love the orange accessories. The ladies at the oppy are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love that bright frock - I can see why you would wear that all summer long!

    ReplyDelete
  10. None of your photos will show up! It's just grey boxes with a circle and negative sign in the middle. Sad face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bugger....I think it's something to do with my picassa web album settings. Hopefully will be fixed ASAP! Xx

      Delete
  11. For some reason I cant see your photos either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up....I've changed my picassa web settings. Hoping it's visible now! Xx

      Delete
  12. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Love love LOVE this frock, and the ORANGE accessories......don't bring them over, or I'll be forced to pinch 'em!!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooo cute! I love it!! The colors are great!
    Thank you so much for linking up for Passion For Fashion! Hope to see you back this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have so many lovely dresses, I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOOooohy FAVOURITEST EVER!!! I love this beautiful happy print - and your beautiful smiling face!!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. safe to say, you have the best vintage collection...ever..in love with all of this outfit! thanks so much for joining up with passion for fashion again, hope you'll join us again tomorrow! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!