Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Horsea & Other Op Shopped Finds

I rarely get to garage sales, I would love to go to them more frequently, but Saturdays are often spent horizontal so that I can do something with the Captain on Sundays. They tend to be so hit & miss & rather time consuming driving from house to house. It's probably just as well really, otherwise I'd be bringing even more old stuff home with me.
 I did get to a little old man's garage sale a while back, & came home with my first pieces of Hornsea Heirloom pottery. I've become rather drawn to the retro patterns & colours. You see these pieces every now & then in op shops but they are asking fairly high prices lately. Hornsea pottery was founded by two brothers in 1949. The Heirloom range was Produced 1967 -1987 & designed by John Clappison.





I found yet another pair of Kumfs wedge sandals at Salvos for $4


A sweet green jacket with braided trim down the front
Endos Paddington



And the Captain scored with the funky-dory green polyester polo shirt which was $5.
Salvos




3/4 sleeve cardigan with birds in blue
Salvos

11 comments:

  1. LOVE! that bird sweater at the end. The color is fantastic too!

    Smiles,
    Rachael
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hornsea made some amazing pottery, most of which I have only seen in photos. Very collectable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the pottery is fabulous........I always love a good garage sale.
    The bird cardigan is just perfect for a vintage bird girl.
    Love V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why yes who can pass on Hornsea, I love the retro patterns. I love your other finds but I'm squealing with delight for you over the bird cardigan, what a find. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellloo lovely!! Love the jacket, but me oh my I WANT that bird cardi!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do rather LOVE your pottery! The green jacket and shirt are great and the bird cardigan just takes the CAKE, it was meant for a bird girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a VERY similar jacket, with a matching frock!!!
    I adore 70's pottery, G is not so sure.!!!
    SOON! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hornsea Score!!! Love those pieces.
    Great shoes, jacket, cardi and top too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see quite a bit of Hornsea around in the chazzas here, I do rather like it. Chunky and funky - like myself!
    Great jacket, sandals and cute cardigan. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have 2 friends who are huge hornsea fans.. I pick it up when I see it for them. Looks great en masse!

    I love that blokes' shirt.
    ciao~

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!