Monday, 15 July 2013

Thrifted Finds of Every Kind

I've been a busy bee sorting through some of my stuff, trying to cull the things I don't LOVE.
Okay I'll admit my real motive is to make more room for the treasures I seem to find.
Here are a few recent additions.....


Another trinket box....with a pretty enamel rose on the top & such lovely metal work. This one is a bit bigger then my other ones.
Lifeline





Japanese made display plate/plaque
Lifeline



Vintage St Michaels "jumper" dress as the Americans call them (why are they called that??)
Aid for the Blind




Orange embroidery pillowcase
Vinnies



I try to resist scarves unless the patterns really speak to me, which this one did.



A sweet apple glass carafe. 1970's era?
Salvos


Another  hand knitted nana rug. Newly made & large enough for a Queen bed for only $7. Can you believe the Captain's eagle eye spotted it straight away, even with 10 others around the house! I can't get much past him!


I'm linking up with Sir Thrift A Lot & the Op Shop Show Off


I've just listed a bit more over at my Facebook page & it will gradually end up on Ebay, so if you're interested in helping me make more room in my wardrobe come & check it out.

12 comments:

  1. I have NO idea why those frocks are called "jumpers" ... I think little one-piece jumpsuits are called "jumpers" by some people too. I was taught the style of the brown frock is a pinafore as it's worn with a blouse underneath, good for winter layering. Practically EVERYONE at my NZ primary school wore them in the 70s. Bless the darling fella for spotting the huge rug and not minding so many around ... I could never have enough crochet rugs/blankets. Did you know Aid for the Blind had a half-price sale on clothing late last week? I'll let you know if it's still on this week. I have a bargain I picked up for you and I think we need to meet up before spring arrives;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little plate is so sweet! As is the trinket box. You really do seem to always have the best finds, Leisa! I can just see that "jumper" (which I would actually call a pinny) with a lace collared blouse underneath for winter. Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We called them pinafores too, like fellow Southern Woman Desiree. I'm afraid I was put off them for life by wearing them in my youth! I do love your scarf and carafe though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember buying a 1960s dressmaking pattern for a pinafore dress and being confused by it being called a "jumper". It's definitely a pinafore dress here. Love the print on your carafe! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, no idea why they're called "jumpers", unless thay make one want to jump for joy?!
    Lovely new scores, no wonder you need to cull! G has the eagle eye too, drat it! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that gorgeous scarf and the very sweet plate. You always come out with the best, don't you?! Hope you are doing ok lovely? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure why they're called jumpers either. We also call rompers or pretty much any one-piece outfit a jumper but usually when referring to children's clothing. Love that floral scarf by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. jumpers? nah, its a pinafore in my book too! i haven't worn a pinny in a long time, but seeing yours i'm kinda hankering for one; they always had a zip and pockets 'in my day' and now i'm an old fart i'd quite those useful attributes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jumpers are what we call wool jerseys here. I'd call that dress a pinafore. It's lovely whatever you call it. The trinket box is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, definitely a pinafore dress! Love the carafe, and you're right, the pattern on the scarf is beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the enamel trinket box, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that trinket plate is just adorable and I'm all swoony over the scarf.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!