Friday, 5 July 2013

Kitty's Frock Friday

When the Captain & I took a trip to Mount Tamborine a couple of weeks ago I came home with one frock from the closing down sale at Kitty's Vintage Kitsch. I tried on about half a dozen frocks, but this 1970's one was the best fit & most me, & only a tenner. It's perfect for a Queensland winter with a high neckline in medium weight fabric. These pics were taken last week. It's actually 24 degrees today. Far too warm for winter in my opinion! Although I am a human heater, you could probably toast marshmallows on me some days.




Trying to disguise my tired eyes! That's what I get for taking pics at the end of my day rather then the beginning.




Outfit Details.....

'Barbara Val' Vintage jacket (shortened by my Mum) - K Road Auckland
Scarf - Gifted
Vintage jewellery & bag - All op shopped
Boots, tights & sunglasses - Retail





10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! You've teamed it up really nicely. I wish I had as much luck with vintage clothing as you do x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress VBG, I really like the mix of floral with the symmetrical pattern on the fabric. Where do you find your handbags??? That blue one is gorgeous. Hope you have had a fabulous friday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooh a trip to Kitty's shop?? How completely divooooooooon darling!!!!! I have been very tempted by loads of goodies in their FB sales lately, but I've been too late, which is probably a good thing for my wallet ;). That beautiful frock was MADE for you and look at your beautiful jacket and jewellery. As for that awesome bag, GAH!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh loving this frock and I think if you every get tired it needs to be posted to the UK. You look stunning in it as always. I love how you always out just the right jewellery and accessories with it. Stunning!! Xoxo ps its summer here and we are all soo excited that it has finally reached 18 degrees, oh my 24 what I would give for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't there is ever a time or post where you don't look adorable in a combination you've put together. The dress is lovely. I'm going to miss popping into see Sue at the shop on occasion when we are up the mountain. But I know I'll see the ladies around the traps and I know Celia is always just an email a way if I'm on the hunt for something really special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really do look great in blue.
    Loving the whole outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the print of your dress! I still have very little blue in my wardrobe. It's such a great serene color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this blue and green combination! Beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just had a conversation about the fact its 24 degrees in WINTER! I think I would die if I lived in Brisbane :P I LOVE that frock - the print is just divine and you can't beat that price. Nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute print on the dress! Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous as well.

    PS: Enter the Cosima Skincare giveaway today: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/07/cosima-organic-skincare-review-and.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!