Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Collection Selection......Enamel Brooches


I have no idea when my collection of enamel brooches began. I have had two big flower brooches ever since I was a little girl. I don't know how they ended up in my hands, but I'm so glad I kept them all these years, unlike my sister who gets rid of everything. I think these brooches are my favourite types to wear, they are just so colourful & happy. I have never come across them in op shops (apart from one in Queenstown of all places) so I hunt for them on Ebay & Etsy, as they sell for a lot here in the vintage shops.



 These first two are the ones from my childhood



 Yellow brooch from Etsy


 Green & navy brooch from Ebay


 Above & below from Etsy



 Brooch & earring set from Etsy


Metallic brooch from a Queenstown op shop


These 4 are my most recent editions thanks to a seller on Etsy. How strange that the red one is exactly the same as my childhood brooch!


 

I'm linking up with collector extraordinaire Op Shop Mama!

14 comments:

  1. So sad seeing all your beautiful brooches, we got broken into last week and mine got stolen. You have a gorgeous collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your collection is wonderful! You must feel like a million bucks when you put on one of these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic collection! I've told you before, I just love the pins that you wear and I think it is wonderful that you still wear that brooches that you had as a child nowadays as an adult. I am the same, I can't throw away things like that both for sentimental value and the hope that one day they can be used again. And how amazing that the Etsy seller sold you the exact same brooch from your childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these enamel brooches! I've always wanted some of my own, maybe I'll have to start keeping an eye out in esty/ebay. I love your beautiful collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a gorgeous one in a shop a few weeks ago - I hope it's still there when I go back after payday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely collection of brooches. I think it's wonderful to keep hold if the things you love, I wish I had done the same with some of my things. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love those brooches but have never come across one I had to have. I'm more of an earring and necklace girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are really beautiful, Leisa - what a great collection. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    What a gloriARSE collection of enamel!! I love LOVE them all!!
    XXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bloody gorgeous! I drool over these things, but I think I only have one or 2 from YEARS ago. I NEVER see them in the oppies here.. Have you ever seen that bride bouquet made entirely of these? So cool. It's on pinterest somewhere.. thanks for the linkage. You are the brooch queen. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Leisa, your brooch collection is just fantastic and how amazing to find the exact same one from your childhood! T x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I just love love your collection.......I find them so hard to find here......they always see to have damage.
    I am with you......I just love brooches to....feels strange if I am not wearing one.
    Yay....love v

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome brooches! my fave is the green and navy one with the stem you got from ebay. I love brooches and I buy them but I never wear them because I forget I have them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. they are truly scrumptious! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!