Friday, 7 June 2013

Cooly Rocks On



How convenient that the Captains day off just happened to coincide with the annual Cooly Rocks On,
the biggest 50's & 60's nostalgia festival in Australia.  With over 2 kilometers of Rock 'n roll, Rockabilly, Swing and over 1,000 hot rods, custom cars and classic cars lining the stunning beachfront of Coolangatta and Tweed Heads. We have never been before, so I couldn't believe the traffic jams & how big the whole thing was. I caught up with my favourite vintage sellers, lovely Chris of Remember When, Grant from the Vintage Advantage, & gorgeous Celia of Kittys Vintage Kitsch
I bought two crimplene frocks from My Vintage Closet where I could have bought many more. Plus we squeezed in few op shops where I found a maxi skirt & a winter frock, so all in all it was a wonderful day. 





Onto the fair.....






 Just look at stylish Celia in her rockabilly best!



 And now to the cars......LOTS of photos thanks to the Captain
























Outfit Details......

Ducat vintage dress - Retro Metro
Yellow bed jacket - $1.50 Op shopped
Wicker bag - Garage sale
Enamel brooch & yellow bangle - Etsy
Blue bangles - Op shopped
Ring, owl brooch, tights, boots & belt - Retail
1950's sunglasses - Ebay

9 comments:

  1. I'm going to Cooly Rocks On too! Isn't it fantastic! There markets are my favourite part. I am going tomorrow in my best 1950's gear. I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This event sounds like such fun and I really love your cardi! But the cars, the cars! All so wonderful and I especially ADORE the Chevy pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! You look lovely, that dress is gorgeous and your jewellery is fab.
    I've shown the car photos to Jon, he loves that there's a few in the same shade of blue as Ebby! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks like so much fun - I would love to go to something like that. I love your outfit - blue and yellow really suit you. Hope you have a great weekend, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic day out! So much to see and do and I'm so glad you picked up some bargains for yourself and got to squeeze that freakin' gorgeous wench, Celia! Lucky you indeed:). Big hugs xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the turquoise/yellow combination, and look at that fabulous ring!
    Looks like a great day, all that vintage loveliness, hottie Celia, and cars galore! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a most wonderful outing lovely. A day made more lovely with Celia cuddles and picking up for some treasures or yourself. You look adorable in that colour combination and frock. So many of those cars a dreamy. One day, when we have the room, time and space I look forward to the Big V working to restore one of our very own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like there was some fabulous stuff at the fair, and all the cars look great too. I love your dress and big flower brooch.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!