Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Wearable Finds

This is a bit of a catchup post on some op shopped holiday finds. Now we've been back for a few weeks it feels like we never went! Seeing as the weather wasn't great while we were away we did visit just about every op shop on the coast. The Sunshine Coast is a bit of an op shopping mecca, with all of the big chains & some hidden back street gems. I find there isn't a whole lot of vintage on offer, but if you're after surf wear or the "boho" look there is plenty to choose from.


Vintage maxi Osti dress 
BooHoo it doesn't fit! Well it does fit but it's rather fitted, so I'd only wear it if I could suck my stomach in all day!
Trying to decide whether to keep it anyway just in case it fits better one day.
Bardos


My first all red dress which I'm still not too sure about!
Tewantin op shop




Navy & white never worn leather flats
Lifeline


Black leather Granny wedges
Lifeline 


Black leather flats by Kumfs
These usually cost a bomb, but I found these for $8
Salvos


A couple of scarves


The Captain found this vintage cowboy shirt all on his own
Salvos $4



And this groovy navy & red one
Salvos $2



I found this hand crocheted vest
Lifeline


1970's floaty black frock
Salvos




Crimplene shift dress
Bloomhills


I don't know why it is but holidays & shopping always seem to go hand in hand!

18 comments:

  1. Lovely selection of op shopped goodies! I love that last frock and also the red dress with ladies on it - beautiful:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Darling, you scored BIG!!!
    I love all these frocks, so sad the Osti doesn't fit, but you might be able to alter it?! The Kumfs were a great score, I have a couple of pairs for when I have to walk a lot; they're like wearing slippers. I've picked mine up on Trade Me, as they are really pricey normally!
    HURRAH! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you found some amazing things! Love the first two dresses, especially the red one and the navy and white shoes are fabulous!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great finds here :) Love the last dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that first dress, it's gorgeous! Can't you stick some contrasting panels in the bodice so you can wear it? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finds especially that last dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the black dress, it's beautiful! I like the red one too, I think we need a fashion parade :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you did well! Your first dress shown here, is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love the Osti but I the red dress looks a bit special with the dancing girls on the bottom. There nothing wrong with holiday and shopping, in fact hey do you want to take me on your next holiday I'll carry your bags but I will fight you for green vintage frocks though so be warned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The red dress has such a wonderful print and I'm a huge sucker for pearl snap cowboy shirts! Every time I see one that's in my husband's size, I have to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that Osti dress - get some suck-it-in control pants and wear it, Leisa! (I swear by them! TMI? Sorry...)
    I cannot believe you don't own a red dress. That one is particularly gorgeous, look at those lovely ladies dancing round the hem, you must wear it! The Tamaris flats and the floaty frock are delightful, and it's good to see your man didn't go home empty-handed either, great shirts.
    You did well - what are holidays for, if not checking out the op shops somewhere new?! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the confetti print of that last dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I especially love the first frock and the last one... and the cowboy shirt! Please model the crimplene one for us!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fabulous finds. I think your red dress is fabulous. I love the print of flower toteing ladies around the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great finds, I like too the vest and the b&w shoes *_*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Red Dress, if you're not sure of it, make it into a skirt,the print is too special!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG the RED DRESS IS DIVINE!! I love border prints and I especially like art deco ladies. The blue and white flat shoes are a classic style and will go with so much. I agree about Kumfs, I would never pay full price but they are so Kumfi and what a bargain. I like both the mens shirts too. Holidays and shopping do go so well together. I also find chocolate and shopping go together really well too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would've been fighting you for the flats and the granny wedges! I love all the dresses, the pattern on the red one is fantastic. I really love the floaty one though! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!