Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Thrifted Linen

Linen is always on my radar when I go op shopping. I don't come across vintage sheets in my travels very often, so I was excited to find a couple while we were away on holidays. I recently cleared out my linen cupboard & donated 'newer' linen back to the op shops, so at least I have a bit more room for the old linen that I've come to appreciate. I'm pretty lucky that my hubby doesn't mind sleeping on floral sheets. Even if he did mind, I don't think he'd have much choice in the matter!



 Vintage 'Sheridan' sheet
(I already have the matching pillowcases)
Salvos
 


 There was a set of these queen size sheets, so Miss J & I shared them between us.



 Aussie tourist tea towel
Vinnies




 A few meters of some cotton fabric ready for a sewing project
$2 Bardos






 Square tablecloth in pink & green
Bardos




 Funky rectangle tablecloth, feels like it's never been used
Vinnies





 Two handmade cushion covers with metal zippers in my new fave colour combo
Salvos






 Cross-stitch cushion




 Yep another Nana blanket for my collection
I love the chevron stripes
Salvos


It's funny how my love of vintage has spread from clothing, accessories & homewares to linen. Vintage linen often seems to be a better quality then the newer stuff, & the wonderful prints make me smile. This collecting thing is a bit addictive isn't it??!

15 comments:

  1. Yuss scores!!!! LOVE that fabric.. and the sheets and YES it IS addictive!!
    Only trouble with the vintage sheets (I find) is that they usually aren't fitted.. so I have STACKS of top sheets! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very, very addictive indeed. I have died and gone to heaven at the sight of the orange and green and the cross stitch cushie covers, the chevron crochet blankie is gorgeous! I'm thinking of doing the same with my "newer" manchester, except it's so badly made that I'll probs just end up wearing it out and using it for rags! Love the feel of old cottons. Thanks for hubby's b'day wishes, as you say, we'll see how we go tonight eh? xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What vintage loving girl doesn't like some vintage linen. I have quite a collection for Little V, as the Big V isn't a fan of sleeping on florals. Besides sooner or later we will be going to a king bed so that rules out vintage sheets unless I sew them together.

    I mad over you cushion colours they are divine and of course would be perfect in my home too lol. I'm also loving the tablecloth with the turquoise tones, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, it certainly is addictive! Love the tablecloths and the granny blanket!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your vintage sheets - I am addicted too. And your orange florals, I have an orange-themed post coming up very soon. Also, I have a similar chevron blankie! You have such good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, my faves are the cushion covers and the chevron granny rug. i have a small collection of vintage sheets for the girls bed, and play tent making, and crafting. i'd love em on my bed too but i've no chance of finding a super king!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cushion covers rock, I'd have them unpicked and made into a tote bag in no time! Love the granny rug, too.
    I can't sleep on patterned sheets but I always snap them up to chop up and make into something else, the prints are too good to pass up! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought a fab 70s quilt cover today in a very similar print to your first one!
    I love vintage linens too, sheets and crochet blankets and tablecloths and aprons... Can't resist! And you have found some absolute beauties! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. TOTALLY addictive!

    LOVE the sheets and the BLUE TABLECLOTH! And the pretty cushion covers and of course, I always love a crocheted treasure!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love old linen especially floral sheets. That fabric is fabulous. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the vintage sheets and that blue flower table cloth is gorgeous. dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. so many amazing patterns!! I love the chevron nana blankie and the pinky purple flower print sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's something about retro floral. I have a special set from my Grandma I insist on using whenever I'm home from Uni.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post about linen clothing.I like the way you start and then conclude your thoughts. Thanks for this nice information. I really appreciate your work, keep it up.I love the vintage sheets

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!