Friday, 11 January 2013

Tuscadero Frock Friday



I haven't worn pink for a long time. I think I have a bit of an aversion to it, due to the fact that it was once my favourite colour in my 20's when I was bedridden for nearly a decade due to my chronic illness. If ever I did get to leave the house for medical appointments I tended to wear pink. I think it kind of reminds me of those difficult years & how ill I was. So this frock is my first purely pink one in a long time. Although now I'll contradict myself & say that I think green & pink is my favourite colour combination....with more green & a touch of pink that is. Hopefully it's so bright that I don't look sickly in it! I bought it at the retro Lifeline at Annerley where there are 3 op shops close together on Ipswich Road. I usually find they are terribly overpriced, & the vintage is pretty ordinary anyway, but I was drawn to the homemade details on this cotton house dress, & of course the lace trimmed pockets.

It's a bit of a challenge to dress well in this heatwave we're experiencing. Thankfully there haven't been any fires where we are down by the bay, but my thoughts are with my fellow bloggers who are much closer to the fire threats in other parts of the country. I'm SO ready to say goodbye to Summer! I'm wistfully dreaming of tights & boots already.









Outfit Details.........

Vintage frock - Annerley op shop
Nana rug bag - Gifted by gorgeous Trudie
Fabric brooch - Etsy
Green brooch - Little Black Brooch
Gold bangle - 21st gift
Old gold bracelet - childhood collection
Green ring - Suitcase Rummage
Sunnies - Ray Bans
Belt & shoes - Retail

Stay tuned for a upcoming post about my op shop spend up this week! 

15 comments:

  1. You gorgeous thing all pretty in pink. I love it, it's very sweet and the lace accents kind of make it, don't they. Of course it is accessorised beautiful with that incredible bag, that Trudie must be all kinds of awesome......ok, ok...I got carried away. It's so lovely to see you using it. Your green accessories of course are perfection as are you my love.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were bedridden for almost ten years??? What happened?! (if you don't mind my asking. just curious)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. You look beautiful - plus pink and green look GREAT together. It's not a colour combination I'd think of myself. But I really like it! I've been thinking of all my friends in Aussie lately - such a terrible state of affairs. We are all thinking of you guys xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, the horrible heat sounds just unbearable, I wouldn't cope well at all. You still manage to look cool and gorgeous despite the conditions, that dress is so pretty. I still struggle a bit with pink, certainly pale pastel shades do me no favours, but your dress is a lovely bright version, with that delightful print and sweet lace. The green accessories and crochet bag are gorgeous too. Perhaps it is therapeutic, to take a colour that recalls a dismal time, and refashion it into something good. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you look beautiful in pink with a flash of green. Hope you are coping with the heat okay - its pretty hot over here at present but nothing compared to what Australia is getting. Keep cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Such a pretty dress. I think pink and green is one of my favorite colour combinations too. Nature does it so well. I think more pink and green is in order. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous dress, but I absolutely adore the bag!!!! Might have a go at making one of those. Is it lined?
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz....yes the bag is fully lined in a cotton fabric. At least that means things won't fall through the crochet holes! Xx

      Delete
  8. Woohoo! You look gorgeous in pink! Props to you for even bothering to get dressed nice in this heat! I have a ton of blog photos to take and they just aren't getting done cos shorts and a loosely fitted crop top are about all I can bear to wear at the moment! I love the pink and green combo... I've been trying to find a nice green cotton to crochet some necklaces out of, but it is not easy to come by! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello my love, I'm back from my enforced blogging break!! Trust me, do not ever move house!! Cute dress but I know what you mean about that Lifeline shop..

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty dress! Your reasons for not wearing pink remind me a burgundy taffeta skirt I used to wear for hospital appointments, I have no idea why I would always wear it but I only realised I did when it was pointed out by the nurse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can understand your aversion to pink due to long held memories Leis... About 15 years ago I was first diagnosed with depression and on top of taking my meds, I became passionate about the benefits of chamomile. As I got well again however, I found it hard to just sip chamomile for the hell of it. A few years ago now I ended up back in hospital and found chamomile was comforting again. But now, yech, gross, I'm too well to need that stuff!! But I have to say lady, you look gorgeous in pink and I think we all need a little something that reminds us of how far we've come xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pink and green rock! Works for flowers, why not us?!
    You look totally splendid in this combination! House frocks are awesome, and the lace trim is so sweet on this one!
    I always swoon for granny squares, and this bag is a humdinger!
    Nice, one Trudie!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!