Wednesday, 26 December 2012

The 12th Day of Kitchmas

So the big day has come & gone yet again. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Did any of you give or receive thrifted or vintage gifts this Christmas??? I certainly scored this year with lots of fabulous old stuff. Here are some of the things my dearest Mum gave to me....I feel like a kid doing show & tell! She'd been collecting things for me throughout the year from op shops & garage sales. Yep I'm pretty blessed to have a Mum like her!


 A divoooon 3 dimensional wall plate with deers AND an owl
Doesn't get better then that!!!



 A super sweet & colourful Italian made ceramic bird



A little deer vase


 Delicious orange canister set

 

 So ugly it's cool Monet bird brooch & diamante brooch
 

 First two seasons of Mad Men from my Aunty
I know many of us aren't fans of Don Draper, but I am a huge fan of the styling.

 And Mr P gave me these original 1970's Ted Lapidus sunglasses in perfect condition.
They cost him nothing from a if I told you I'd have to kill you "secret source" but they sell for $300 plus online!



And a handmade bird brooch that Mr P secretly purchased at the WAC by Erstwilder.

All in all it was a lovely Christmas, despite the heat & humidity. I'm in recovery mode now for a few days, but hopefully I'll be hitting the op shops again ASAP!

8 comments:

  1. What a great haul! I love the plate, that's amazing and the glasses are just fabulous:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which mad thing is not a fan of Don Draper??? He's catastrophically, devastatingly, horrendously, marvellous, diabolically divine!

    I love all of your gorgeous treasures - ESPECIALLY the gorgeous bird! Congrats on such a wonderful haul - and happy xmas!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely chrissy haul you were gifted lady! Your mummy did extremely well (so did mine - a 50's locket and a few $$ for a tooled leather bag I love from Etsy!). I LURVE your sunnies and the gorgeous cannister set - squeal! I totally understand keeping the sunnies "provider" a secret hehe. Merry Christmas to you lovely lady and wishing you a most wonderful 2013, looking forward to seeing much more of you..maybe one day in the flesh! xxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love Don Draper? I don't even watch Mad Men but still fancy the pants off him!
    Love those cannisters and I'm a huge fan of Ted Lapidus sunglasses, what fab gifts.
    I always give (and receive) second-hand stuff at Xmas, I wouldn't have it any other way! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sunbird are to die for! Looks like you got extremely spoilt on christmas day! I hope you had a great day with your family! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always get great presents, your family really know you! The owl and deer plaque is fantastic. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow such exciting gifts. Everything is lovely, I think those canisters have got to be my favorite. *WOW* They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!