Monday, 31 December 2012

Take the Long Way Home

One final thrifty post for 2012. 
Can you believe I was worried I would run out of things to blog about at the beginning of the year??!!

The other day I came away empty handed from my op shop run. Which is okay really. It's proof that I don't have to buy something EVERY time I go thrifting. But I took a different road home, & saw a SALE sign out the front of a house & lots of stuff across the lawn. An older couple were downsizing, & they let me have a wee rummage through their things.


A gaggle of geese measuring spoons $1


Geese measuring cups for the steep price of 20cents!


Now the top of my microwave has it's own thing happening
As does every spare nook in my house!


Blue anodised milk jug


Cream beaded bag


A shadow box with glass doors


Now containing some smalls with spaces yet to fill



Beautiful blue Belgian made glass jars
$1 each



Old Nestle tin with a Parisian theme


 We're off for dinner at my bestie Miss J's place but it will be a pretty laid back evening, & who knows if we'll bother staying up till midnight. Sending my love & best wishes for a Happy New Year wherever you are!


11 comments:

  1. Hey there! I'm a new follower. I've been having a great time peeking through your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that beaded bag is to die for, Leisa! I love it! Hope you have a great night and a Happy New year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey seriously you always have or find something that's on my want list. I'm holding out for a set of measuring cups like that. You lucky duck. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! Love the blue glass and little geese measuring cups.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous end of year haul! I rememember those geese, Avon used to sell them!
    Sending you lots of love and wishing you all that's good in 2013! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what joy!!!! I love your treasure-hunting posts so much! What an absolute stroke of luck with couple selling off their gear - you scored the jackpot and its so lovely to see pics of how you've incorporated everything into your lovely home:)). Happy New Year to you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely post! :)
    check out new blog post: www.prettyquirkyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my god, the shadow box is AMAZING!! I love it. I also love that anodised jug is just fantastic and I really love those sweet little geese! So jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - what a score! I love those geese, they are such a lovely touch to the top of your microwave:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, the nesting geese brought back memories - my Mum now has my grandmother's collection! And that shadow box! OMG! Haha, even when we think we are going to come away empty handed from an oppie, another opportunity presents haha - thank you thrifty gods! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!