Friday, 7 December 2012

Summer Lovin Frock Friday

The past week has been extremely hot here in Brissy. Day after day of 33 degree plus heat makes dressing up a chore. I was grateful that today had cooled down to 27 degrees. I finally had a chance to wear my new vintage Retro Metro maxi. My hubby & I headed down to the Gold Coast for his day off. We met the gorgeous Trudie of My Vintage Childhood & her little ones at her favourite op shop. Then we headed down to 20th Century Antiques at Coolangatta. It's a huge antique store with an enormous amount of stock of all kinds, & the prices are reasonable for the most part. We lunched at Commune at Burleigh Heads which serves really good coffee.


 




Outfit Details.......

Vintage dress -  Retro Metro at Paddington
Bead necklace - Vintage fair in Auckland
Long necklace - Cotton On
Paua shell bangle - New Zealand
Handmade silver bangle - Christchurch NZ
Turquoise ring - Madam Butterfly's Christchurch
Orange ring - Op shop
Vintage bag - Christchurch op shop
Shoes - Retail
Nails - Barry M Turquoise polish




Here's Trudie (gorgeous in green!) & I outside the op shop



Here are some pics of 20th Century Antiques
We didn't get any with me featuring because my hair became a frizz ball due to the humidity!


Frocks & things


Tins galore




Canisters




Kitsch


Sweet deers


 

Blue Metamec clock




Kangaroo & joey S&P shakers


Clothing for ladies


And for men





Happy orange



Cool cats


The view over Duranbah Beach N.S.W

9 comments:

  1. seriously - there's so much stuff there, it looks amazing, I'd love a look around. Can't decide what I like best - those kitsch animals are especially sweet. Both you and Trudie look fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes, my eyes, they are overloaded with all that fabulousness! SO much to look at - but did you buy anything. Leisa?
    Love your frock, great colours, and yay for a bit of Barry M on the nails! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh you did have a lovely day didn't you. Lots of cool stuff from Coolie, the wall of orange and the kitsch pieces are fabulous. Yes I too want to know if you bought anything!

    Was lovely seeing you again today, thank goodness you guys saved my rear and my keys were with you, I would have stranded and hubby was over the boarder today for work so I would have been stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous place, so much gorgeous stuff to see. I want to know what you bought 'cos I'd be very disappointed if you'd come back empty handed!
    Love that frock on you, made even more lovely with the Bazza paint! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was given one of those kangaroo shkers many years ago, but it doesn't have the joey!
    Ooooo, I wanted to paw at the screen, but held myself back! SO much treasure that needs to come home with me.
    What a splendid day out, and that heavenly maxi was just the right frock.Love the print.
    Great to see Madam's turquoise ring making an appearance!I haven't been in there for a while, but she's still there.Intense road works right outside there at the moment.
    We've had some surprisingly hot weather here too, but it culminated in a massive downpour yesterday.We're getting a bit tropical!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is some seriously amazing stuff in those pics! You 2 will have to bring me next time too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you look amazing in the dress - just gorgeous. What a wonderful expedition, I am still drooling from looking at all your fab photos. Weather is improving here in Dunedin and the gardens are looking spectacular. Went to Toffs yesterday and was thinking of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely dress!! Now, about that store! I would love to visit there! Wow. so much stuff. Just happened by your lovely blog and thought I'd say hello.

    xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo, your nails look gorgeous, you are always so well put together! The dress is lovely. The turquoise blue is really pretty on you. The shop looks massive and really interesting to have a poke around. Did you buy the green eyeball thing in the last photo??

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!