Friday, 21 December 2012

Emerson Frock Friday



Today's frock was a recent Ebay purchase from a fellow Brissy seller. It came unworn with the original tags, by 'Emerson' of Brisbane. I think it's my first ever vintage label made in my home town. It's a brushed cotton fabric, which feels like a very light flannelette but thankfully it doesn't feel too hot. I find myself stroking the fabric as it's so soft & cuddly (a bit like that 80's koala jumper!). I seem to love the combination of red, white & navy at the moment. We caught up with my Mother in law today seeing as we won't be seeing her on Christmas day as she'll be away. Although we'll miss her at least Christmas day won't be the marathon day it usually is trying to fit in two families in one day.
 

 

Barry M turquoise nails still rein supreme thanks to our Barry M Queen Vix!


Outfit Details.......

Vintage frock - Ebay
Red beads - Op shopped
Flower brooch - from my childhood
Bird brooch - Salvos
Red bangle - Lifeline
Silver ring - Queenstown NZ
Granny square bag - Retro Metro @ Paddington
Vintage sunglasses - Ebay
 Belt & shoes - Retail




Thankfully I finished my Christmas shopping months ago so we'll have a relaxing weekend catching up with some special friends & getting prepared for Tuesday.

Stay safe & enjoy this special time of year wherever you are.

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE red, white and navy together! This is a great find - I must get shopping lessons off you one day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous love the red, white and blue theme. Have a wonderful christmas, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress rocks my world (and shows off your splendid rack a treat, if you don't mind me saying!). It's accessorised to perfection with that groovy bag and your beautiful smile.
    Glad you're a Barry M convert. Try the lipstick next! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I for one love your new dress & your bag.
    You look rather lovely.
    Barry M looks striking on your nails. =D

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When do you not look a picture you sweet thing? The frock rocks, it's a rather funky print and I have such a sweet spot for your brooch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your dresses, this one is really gorgeous and I love how you teamed it with red accessories! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the most wonderful dress collection, and I think this may be one of my favourites! Love that print, and accessorising it with red is perfect.
    Haven't you got the most elegant nails?!
    Have a fabulous Christmas, Leisa. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is awesome!! It looks great on you - Vix send me a nail polish in a simmilar colour - its pretty rad. I hope you have a super amazing Christmas time:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photos :)
    XX

    would you like to follow each other?
    http://oohmarly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!