Monday, 24 December 2012

Bagged It

So I figured there was time for one last post before Christmas......

I must admit to having a rather large bag collection. I justify it because I have to wear practical supportive shoes when I go out due to my Grandma feet & a previously torn tendon, so I at least like to alternate my bags fairly often. If I can't be a shoe girl I'll be a bag girl. I recently donated a pile of newer style handbags to an op shop, so I can focus on my old bag collection instead.
 And as it goes Salvos was having a half price sale on bags, so of course I had to nab these gems.


 I haven't come across a black tooled leather bag while thrifting before. 
I snapped this up for $4




 It's a card box basket bag! 
Super kitsch with a beach scene but really well made
$3







A bright red beauty case in great condition
Great for storing my hair straightener & products
$2.50




I wanted to wish all of my lovely readers a very blessed Christmas.
Thanks for following my vintage journey for the past year & for providing me an outlet to ramble about my old junk. It's been a wonderful escape for me especially during some tough times this year with my chronic illness. I appreciate each & every one of you & I love reading your comments & your blogs.
Love & Blessings to you
VBG
Xx

11 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever seen a black tooled leather bag either, I love it! The card box basket is an incredible find (Sarah Misfit will adore it!) and the red vanity case is a beauty. I have a little bag envy going on over here...
    Your blog is always a delight, Leisa, it feels like a little oasis of calm and loveliness and cheerfulness, which is amazing considering what you have to contend with health-wise. And you are such a reliable and kind commenter too. Looking forward to another year of your finds and your friendship. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love that blacked tooled bag, a rare find indeed. I have two, theyre my absolute favourite, but i only found 2 in 20 years of op-shopping!
    Have a great christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Leisa! These bags are all gorgeous! I love the black tooled one! It's so different :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Xmas, Leisa! I've never seen a black tooled leather bag before and yours is a beauty.
    It's a pleasure to have you as a blog friend, your positive mental attitude and beautiful smile are a joy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snap, we are indeed in sync blogging op shopping buddies. Great score my sweet.
    It has been an utterly delight to have found you in this bloggy world and to get to know you this year. I look forward to more vintage inspired catch ups and fun in 2013. May you and Mr P have a safe and restful Christmas. Much love from me and my little family. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your finds but, oh man, that card box basket bag is amazing! I had no idea that such a fabulous thing existed!

    Your blog is always a pleasure to read. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!



    ReplyDelete
  7. both those bags are fantastic but the beach one is amazing, I love it. Super kitsch
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sweet it's so rare to come across a black tooled handbag, so happy it found you!!!!
    Happy happy Christams to you and all your family. May much love and happiness come to you.
    Thank you for following the wee squirrels on their journey and all the lovely comments. You are one very special lady.
    Love V&W

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! ARRRRRRRRRGH!! Blood curdling screams of DESIRE and ENVY!
    Those 3 new scores are to DIE for,my darling!! I really love the black tooled leather! The only other lady I know with something like that is Max, of Blackbird has Spoken!!! So JEALOUS!
    Right, calm down Helga.....
    Darling,meeting you was one of the higlights of my year!!! You totally rock,and have fabulous style and are such a treasure! Happy Holidays, sweetie!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the first bag! love the vintage inspired patterns <3

    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. $4 for a tooled handbag??? $2.50 for a makeup case?? $3 for the most wonderful cardboard handbag ever??? Woman, you have cleaned up!!! You have the most wonderful eye and taste for thrifty stuff, well done. Well I for one am one of your biggest fans, so keep the blogs coming ploise xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!