Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Tea Tray & Childhood Memories

I've found some random things lately at my local op shops. This is my first tea tray. My Grandma used to have one that sat beside her lounge chair filled with her medications. That's what I think of when I see them (as well as Op Shop Mama & her obsession collection). Not sure what I'll do with this but I couldn't leave it at $4.


Vintage tin tea tray
Lifeline




I found this orange pottery vase thingo at Salvos. At first I couldn't work out what it was for, but I have since figured out it was originally a lamp base. I'm using it to brighten up my outdoor setting, but one day I might use it as a lamp.



I had to rescue this toy of my favourite Muppets character Beaker from the 50cent bin.....Meeeemeeeemeeee! I loved the Muppets when I was little.
Lifeline


A wee beaded purse in red with blue beads & a red bangle
Lifeline

 
And here are the only things I bought at the Gold Coast Vintage Fair at the weekend.......
More accessories (I know, I know!)


Red, white & blue beads from lovely Chris of Remember When


Green handmade circus brooch
Little Black Brooch


I'll leave you with Bohemian Rhapsody....Muppets style.

14 comments:

  1. Oh man, I've been looking for one of those tea trays FOREEEEEEEVER!!! It's so fab! Love the RWB beads too. And yay for the Muppets - always! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were *very* restrained at the fair, how did you do it?! There must have been heaps of good stuff there.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tea tray is so lovely. What a great find!

    Is that Muppets character called Beaker? I like him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tea tray is sublime. I know what you can do with it. I'm coming for a cuppa, bust out your best cups and we will sit around the tray drinking tea with our pinkys in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab find, it's perfect in your groovy pad! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a similar tea tray in teal! They are so handy!

    I love that little beaded handbag! It's so snazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tea tray is awesome. And I love that lamp base. It even looks good as a lampless base! ;)

    Your coffee table has stolen my attention. That is yoru coffee table right? with the super groovy print?! <3 it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tin tray - I'm sure my Mum had one years ago!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tea tray is definitely the bees knees. I love it. Love the circus brooch. I'm off to look at that website. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The trays are so handy, I have lots of wooden ones. I LOVE beaker, and the Muppet Rhapsody is sooo good! Beaker cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab tray, such a groovy print!
    Love your bangle and the brooch.
    And Beaker, you found a Beaker! He's one of my favourite Muppets. When the kids used to do a wobbly lip, crumply about-to-cry face when they were younger, we used to call it a Beaker face! Such kind parents! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That tray could not, not come home with you Leisa, it's so beautiful. I'm sure you will find a most excellent place/use for it! I'm quite jealous of that little number! K xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those trays, they always come in handy too - eating, sewing on the sofa etc. I love that brooch too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did I miss this post? It appears I've missed few!
    Wackadoo that's a brilliant tea tray! I love that pattern (thing I have a sifter or something in that design) Those trays are fab - can never have too many!!!
    Muppets = cool!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!