Sunday, 4 November 2012

Sunny Coast Thrifting

My hubby & I enjoyed our weekend away at the Sunshine Coast a week ago. Although I wasn't feeling too flash, we managed as much op shopping as I could handle....I know my priorities! Mr P hit the op shop jackpot when we discovered a model plane collection had been donated to Lifeline from a retired pilot couple. That's like me finding my dream mid century sideboard. I'm so glad my husband shares the delights of op shopping! Kawana Lifeline has a rather unique smell, but it often comes up with the goods.


I found these sweet Japanese made egg cups
Caloundra Vinnies.


A home decorating magazine from 1970 for 15cents
(along with a slip for 25cents & a frock for $1)
Bardos Bazaar Caloundra



An old brooch/pendant
Vinnies Maroochydore



Edwardian style brown leather boots $6
Vinnies Maroochydore



Blue beads
Vinnies Maroochydore



A vintage deer tin....LOVE those antlers!
Lifeline Kawana


A silver plated donkey ring holder
Lifeline Kawana


Navy & white beads
Salvos  Caloundra




13 comments:

  1. Wahoo you got some scores! You clearly know where to go and how to find the good cheap stuff!!
    Excellent planes! Yes I'm lucky too that my hubby is an op shopper!Double the fun. Still get a bit of eye rolling at the amount of stuff that rolls through our door!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing finds for Mr P! I'd love to see more of his collection, I know we have seen snippets in the past of his planes. Those shoes are crazy cool, great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww I'm all kinds of smitten over the larger egg cup of the two, how sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a man who loves a good chazza shopping mission! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. MORE beads!!! Crikey Moses!
    And lots of other gorgeous op-shopped booty (as usual) I love your husband's planes. They are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find a little something if you look!
    Cute egg cups, great beads and pendant, and I have a cat version of that little donkey! (I have an apple and a squirrel dish by the same maker, Seba, silver plated, made in England). xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay - love all of your treasures! Especially love the egg cups :) Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling,some fabularse scores!!!
    O,the names of those towns makes me feel oddly homesick! I got sunstroke at Caloundra when I was 14!
    I'm thrilled for Mr P finding an aeroplane jackpot,G will be jealous!I'm totally into that unusual brooch/pendant and the home decorating book most of all,but all fab finds!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the goodies!! The stag tin is pretty fabulous. I am a sucker for anything deer orientated, I blame Bambi :) Sorry to hear you are still not feeling flash, hopefully you will feel better soon :)
    Love that donkey ring holder too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wished I'd find the perfect pair of leatherboots at an op shop. Sadly, my feet are massive and I rarely find any shoes in op shops that fit. Looks like you scored well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aahh lovely finds those egg cups are so cute, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh those planes are a find, as we know Sunny Coast op shops are reknowned for their lack of goodies and overpricing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, those boots are an amazing find alright! And for six bucks, even better! Haha, I was laughing at the "unique smell" comment hehe xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!